Happy Birthday!

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you." Dark sang as he entered the dining room, a large chocolate cake was balancing on his hands, four bright orange candles circled the center with their wickers lit.

"Happy birthday dear Annalise." Anti joined Dark with his singing, a very happy and energetic Annalise sitting at the head of the table. "Happy birthday to you." Dark placed the cake down in front of Annalise.

"What I do?" Annalise asked as she stared at the cake with wide, eager, eyes.

"You blow out and make a wish," Anti answered.

"Wish? I get wish?" Annalise put her hands to her mouth in shock.

"And you can't tell anyone or else it won't come true," Dark said, smiling when Annalise scrunched her face in determination.

"Got it." Annalise nodded her lead before straightening up, chewing her lip for a moment as she thought before letting out a harsh puff of air and blew out the candles.

"Got it one take." Anti chuckled.

"Father..."

"Wanna tell papa what you wished for." Dark asked in a soft tone.

"You say no tell!" Annalise huffed, wagging a finger in Dark's face.

"I was testing you, princess. Have to make sure you don't tell anyone your secrets."

"Father."

"No tell anyone." Annalise promised.

"I'm ready for some cake." Anti chuckled.

"Father!"

Dark snapped out of his happy daze when his office door was thrown open. The laptop continued playing the video as Annalise entered the room, hands on her now developed hips and backpack slung over her shoulder.

"I'm going to be late!" Annalise cried as she grabbed Dark's arm and started tugging on it. "What are you watching?" She asked when she saw the video.

"Nothing." Dark quickly paused the recording and stood up.

"I remember making that wish." Annalise said with a light chuckle.

"That was thirteen years ago, how do you remember that specific wish?" Dark asked as his body changed to match what the fathers of Annalise's classmates would look like.

"I make the same one every year." Annalise stated.

"Really? What is it then?" Dark brushed his now salt-and-peppered hair back.

"One: not telling. Two: please keep your hair as dark brown, the gray parts are too old for you." Annalise ruffled Dark's hair.

"I think it makes me look mature." Dark huffed as he changed his hair color.

"It makes you look like a sugar daddy and I will not have my friends try to get some from you." Annalise adjusted Dark's hair until she was satisfied.

"I'm a married man. To another man." Dark straightened his tie before slightly bowing and gesturing towards the door. "After you."

"Why, thank you." Annalise said in a low-pitched voice and did a small curtsey before walking out of the office. "When's dad supposed to get back?" She asked while they headed for the front door.

"He should be back by the time you're home from school." Dark answered.

"Bye, Cranky." Annalise said to the black cat sitting on the kitchen floor. The cat looked up, blinked their one green eye and meowed before going back to his licking.