Love Hurts

"Bing is being a real gentleman." Anti chuckled, eating the last few pieces of popcorn from the large bowl that sat between him and Dark.

"He's acting." Dark stated.

"Maybe he's behaving a little more than he usually would, but he knows that if Anna comes back crying, he's literally dead." Anti grunted as he stood up with the bowl. "Want a second round? You didn't get to eat much of it."

"What was that?" The curiosity in Annalise's voice caught both Dark and Anti's attention.

"Nothing." Bing said under his breath.

"No, it wasn't nothing. You said 'Why me?'. Why you for what?"

"Just...out of all the egos to crush on, why me?"

"It's..." Annalise held out the word, thinking. "I don't know. I just like you."

"Maybe we should turn it off." Anti suggested.

"How? I mean...I'm a fuck-up. A default." There was a slapping sound. "Okay, ow."

"Don't call yourself that. You're not a fuck-up or a default." Annalise's tone was similar to Dark's when he scolded Anti for talking bad about himself. "You're funny and smart and cool and..." Annalise let out a soft squeak, the sound she'd make when she realizes that she was rambling or saying something she shouldn't.

"You really think that?" Anti and Dark could practically hear the blush.

"Yeah. I do. You might look like my father but you're nothing like him. You don't have a stick up your ass." Anti saw the hurt in Dark's eyes. "You're not controlling or possessive or over-protective or..." Annalise let out a sigh.

"You know he's only like that to you because he loves you. He's an ass to the others because he's a prick." Bing said with a laugh, Dark's eyes becoming a glare while Annalise lightly laughed.

"I know he loves me." Annalise said in a very soft and kind tone. "I love my father and my dad a lot. I hate it when we argue. I cry for hours and hours and avoid them for a good bit afterward because I don't want them to see how red my eyes are." There was a shuffling noise and half of the audio became a little muffled.

"I...I..." Bing stuttered.

"Her head is on his shoulder." Anti explained when Dark looked confused. "Audio is only half out, the sound is recorded through her earrings and Bing is sputtering up a storm." He explained.

"The stars look pretty." Bing said, voice a little strained.

"Yeah, they do. I'm glad you agreed to go to the park."

"Do you think I could tell little Anna-bell no?" Bing chuckled.

"I have another question."

"Fire away."

"You wanna fuck?"

"What!?" Dark yelled. Anti went silent and Bing was holding out an 'ah' of fear.

"Don't worry, I'm joking. I just wanted to give my dads a heart attack." Annalise laughed. "You forgot to camouflage your pixels, dad." Annalise sang before the audio cut out.

"I wonder when she realized that she was being listened to?" Anti asked while Dark laid out on the couch, an arm draped over his eyes.

"I think my heart actually stopped beating." Dark groaned.

"I guess that's what we get for invading her privacy." Anti shrugged. "Bing's probably still screaming."

"I can't ground her for that, can I?" Dark asked in a sigh.