How To Ask

Dark was walking around the Iplier meeting table, placing small stacks of papers in front of the spot where the egos sat, their names all written in elaborate and cursive on the top of each page. He was expecting to be alone for at least another five minutes before anyone would usually arrive.

"Hi, Dark." Bing said as he stepped into the room. "I was told that you wanted to talk with me?"

"I said no such thing." Dark stated, turning his head when he felt someone appear beside him.

"Hey, Darky, I have a few questions for ya." Wilford clapped a hand on Dark's shoulder.

"But you said that I-"

"There's something that I just can't seem to get." Wilford began leading Dark out of the room, cutting Bing off.

"And it can't wait until the meeting is finished?" Dark asked as a statement, already knowing what the answer was going to be.

"It just has to be done right now." Wilford said.

"I figured." Dark sighed and scrunched his eyebrows when Wilford suddenly stopped.

"Wait here for a second." Wilford said before poofing away.

Unseen to Dark was Wilford appearing in the meeting room with a very nervous looking Annalise. He made several gestures before poofing away again and landing in front of Dark.

"Did you forget to turn off the oven or something?" Dark asked in a teasing tone.

"Perhaps. Now, for my problem." Wilford wrapped his arms around Dark's shoulder to prevent him from turning around.

"There are too many of those for me to take care of in ten minutes." Dark chuckled as he and Wilford walked away.

After several moments of Wilford spouting out nonsense and aimlessly walking around with Dark, they started to head back to the meeting room. Wilford saw that Annalise was stepping out of the room and he quickly grabbed Dark by the shoulders and turned him around.

"Do you like my new bowtie?" Wilford asked, glancing up at Annalise. Annalise rubbed her arm and shook her head.

"What are you..." Dark turned back around when he noticed that Wilford wasn't looking at him and saw nothing.

"Hello, Bim!" Wilford went past Dark and greeted the show host. Bim was very confused and Dark was as well.

x~x~x

Annalise sat at the kitchen table, pouting. She was replaying the moment from earlier that day over and over again in her head.

"What's up, Anna-bell?"

"I...uh..."

She choked. She completely choked. She had no idea what she was doing, all of the boys she's been out with had asked her out, she didn't ask them. She needed help.

"Hey, dad?" Annalise asked out loud, looking over at Anti who was sitting on the counter and peeling a potato while Dark was next to him, chopping up some carrots.

"Yes?" Anti glanced up for a moment before going back to his peeling.

"How do you ask someone out?"

"You don't." Dark stated while Anti laughed.

"Dark, you can't answer that question with 'you don't." Anti said.

"I think it's fitting." Dark huffed.

"How did you guys end up getting together?" Annalise's question made Anti and Dark both stop what they were doing.