Chapter one : The Scavenger

The air was cold. There was a certain silence and loneliness to the star-killer base that was so uneasy that even Snoke sensed something wasn't right. Ren laying on a soft hospital bed under warm black sheets could not stop thinking. Why was his mind always wondering from the plan? Why did he have to be so unsure about where he stood. This gave him so much anger that he felt he was going to erupt like a volcano. He drew his lightsaber looking for something to destroy with it, only for him to put it away. He set it on the night stand beside his bed with clouds in his eyes. He closed his eyes , and for the first time in a long time he saw flickers of color. Like a rainbow dancing past the moon. For a moment it was as if he found peace from everything in the galaxy around him. He felt the warmth and the colors dancing around. The colors disappeared with the image of his father falling to his own demise. Kylo felt his heart tear like string cheese or play-dough. Easy, but this time he felt the pain. An overwhelming sense of very unwanted presence came over the sulking Kylo Ren. Snoke was worried that he had fallen off course again. Kylo instantly fixed his emotions on something else. Laying his head down on the black feather stuffed pillow the room slowly , but surely , got back to the almost unbearable uneasy cold and loneliness. Snoke retreated from his mind. Closing his eyes , the colors came back. Only this time they blurred into a picture. Something He couldn't exactly point out. He studied the picture for a while , filling himself with emotions that he had never dreamed of. As the picture got closer and focused into perfect vision, Kylo could see a small framed girl laying in a bed. Her mid-length brown hair and rose colored cheeks gave him a flutter in his stomach. His amazement with this girl has always stunned him. He could not understand how a girl like her could ever grab his attention. He watched as her chest slowly moved while she peacefully slept. He could feel her warm and her heart. The hold they had on him were something he had never experienced before. He caught himself staring at how breathtaking she was. He had never fully looked at her until now. He knew this girl, but who was she and from where did she comes from? He remembered that night. The snow, the fight, his scar. His finger slowly grazed his face. Suddenly all knowledge flew to his mind and he finally recognized the beautiful girl he has been staring at for the past ten minute. He slightly gasps and realizes the damage he has caused the First Order by such a connection. "The scavenger", he said as his eyes paced about trying to find where she was,"Rey...". What she meant to this story was still unclear and frustrated Kylo as he tried to shut her out and sleep. Suddenly he felt this warm breath on his ear and a female whisper that said, "Ben...". Kylo was taken back by hearing such a statement. He had not been called Ben in years. In slight discomfort and frustration he whispered, "You Rey... but, you are nothing.... more than a scavenger from the middle of nowhere Jakku."