Chapter sixteen: Always Be Alert

Rey gets smacked in the back of the leg with a long stick. She falls to the ground on the gym mats and cuts her eyes at Kylo. He laughs. "Never take your eyes off of your opponent Rey. They can get you within that one second." She stands and pushes him against the wall and gets real close to his face. She whispers, "But you are so distracting." Kylo smirks. He grabs her by the waist and pins her to the ground sitting on top of her. She glares. He laughs again and speak, "Never assume your opponents weakness. You will always be wrong." Rey grabs his shirt and pulls him down to her. She lightly licks his lips and runs her fingers down his chest. Kylo's eyes get wide and he starts to touch at his tank top. Rey flips them and pins Kylo to the ground sitting on him. She says with a small, "Or will I?" She giggles and get off of him walking to go get some water from the water bottles. Kylo sits up wide eyed and confused. He could not believe that Rey pulled one over on him. He speaks, " So like... we aren't going to have sex right now..?" Rey laughs. She grabs her stick and holds it upright ready to swing. Kylo laughs. " I guess we aren't." Rey charges him barely giving him enough time to react. They turn in circles and jump all over the room. Rey finally trips Kylo and points her stick right at his face. He eyes grow wide. He speaks, "You are getting really good at this." Rey smiles then she falls down to the mats sweating and breathing a little hard. Kylo speaks, "I think that is enough for today." Rey sits up and speaks, " I can go again. I just need some more water and a few minutes." Kylo laughs and places his hand on her cheek, "Baby it's okay. You have done enough today. You are very brave and strong. We will work some more tomorrow I promise." Rey smiles and leans her head on his shoulder. She speaks, "So you really love me?" Kylo lifts her chin and gives her a gentle kiss then speaks. "Of course I really love you. I love you with everything I have. Rey... I have never loved anything as much as I love you and that scares me. I'm scared of losing you or accidentally hurting you." Rey grabs his hand and speaks. "You will never lose me and I know you will never hurt me. That's not you at all." She places her hand over his heart. "You have such a warm heart Ben... don't let them even close to taking it." He smiles and leans forward gently pressing his lips into hers. She kisses back and smile, "Now I'm tired. Can we go back to the room?" Kylo smiles grabbing her hand and pulling her along. Rey can't help but stare at him. Did she really fall in love with the monster she swore to destroy. Her hand seemed to fit so perfectly in his. She felt completely safe with him. She wasn't scared of him at all. She was paying close attention to her emotions. She was alert. She knew she loved him and It did not bother her. It made her warm inside.