Chapter 30 : Our Fate

The escape pod shakes. Ben looks out the window and sees Hux ordering fire on him. "Kierra we can't turn around. We will make it baby I promise." Ben set the pod speed into high gear. Taking off just as Hux fires into empty space. Ben looks down and notices the fuel tank was hit. Ben flew as fast as he could sending out a distress signal hoping the resistance would get it. A few minutes later Ben notices a resistance ship trying to make contact. He allows it. "Ben Solo? Is this Ben?" Ben quickly answers. "Poe! I need help! I have Kierra in one of their escape pods. We are flying back, but before we took off Hux shot at us. He hit the fuel tank. The gas level is rising. This pod is going to explode!" "Hold on Ben. We are on our way. Just use the oxygen masks for you and Kierra." Ben thinks about Rey. "Poe, Please don't tell Rey. I don't want her to worry." "You got it. We are on our way." Ben careful places the mask on Kierra who is now crying. "Hold on baby girl, please." A few minutes later something on the pod explodes. "Poe!" Ben called out in the connection. "We just had something explode." Just then Ben sees resistance ships. He grabs Kierra. Another part of the ship explodes. The ships get closer and he sees one open it's doors with Finn standing in the doorway. "Ben hand me Kierra! It will be easier for you to get aboard!" Ben hands over Kierra. He looks back making sure he grabbed everything he needs. Just as he boards the resistance ship, the first order escape pod completely explodes. Ben watches as they fly away. He turns around and sees Finn. "Finn, why did you come help me? You don't even like me. You love Rey. I can feel it." Finn turns around. "And she loves you. That's why I came. I would do anything for Rey." Ben smiles. "Finn I am so glad she has you. When I'm not around anymore and you are still alive with her, she will need someone to love her and protect her. I'm glad that it is you. She values you more than you know. She loves you Finn. She cares about you. Don't make her choose between me and you. She can't. I know that. I was jealous of you, but I learned that you are her best friend and she will always need you. Thank you for being there for her when I couldn't." Finn looks Ben in the eye. "I guess I'm sorry I judged you. I have no idea what snoke did to your mind and how he was basically a father figure and you had to kill him.. I really am sorry that things turned out for you the way they did." Ben laughs. "Don't be.  Yes my childhood was rough, but now I have Rey and I couldn't be more happy. I was heading down a dark path and Rey stopped me. She saved me. She gave me this wonderful precious baby girl. I am more grateful to be alive than ever. I know I have done bad things...killed people...My father.... I just hope that more people can forgive me. It's hard to forgive myself." Finn sighs. "Rey forgives You. I have never seen someone so in love. She was willing to risk everything for you. Even her life." Ben slightly smiles then frowns. "Regardless, Hux is still out there trying to kill me. He almost did. Rey and Kierra won't be safe until all of the first order are gone. The war didn't end. It just began. I won't let anything happen to my family." Finn raises an eyebrow. "Family? Are you going to ask Rey to marry you?" Ben stopped. "I don't know. It's a huge step and what if she doesn't want to?" Finn laughs a little. "She wants to Ben. I know she does. She would love to be your wife." Ben smiles. "We're home Ben." The ship lands and Ben runs out and sees his mom. "Where's Rey mom?"  "In her room. I'll get Kierra." Ben takes off running. Finally making it to her room he slowly opens the door. He hears Rey crying. "Whoever you are go away. I don't want to see anyone." Rey was sitting on her bed facing to wall. Ben slowly take a few more steps. "Rey..?" Rey freezes. She slowly turns around. "Ben...?" When their eyes lock it only takes two seconds before she is in his arms crying. "You're okay. You came home. I missed you." Rey stopped and listened. She could hear someone else crying. "Ben?" She lifts his face and sees blood red puffy eyes with streams of tears running from them. "When we were escaping Hux shot at the escape pod. He hit the tank. Poe and Finn barely made it to us before it exploded. I.... Love you Rey.... I thought I was never going to see you again....." Rey pulls Ben into a tight hug. "Baby I'm right here. I am so sorry. I love you more than anything in the galaxy." Rey lifts his face. She wipes his tears and leans in giving him a gentle kiss. Ben pulls her closer. When they pulls away Rey gasps."Don't worry. Mom has Kierra. She's safe. Snoke... Is dead. Hux is not obviously. He is what we have to worry about." Rey wipes away the rest of his tears. "You are the bravest person I have ever known. As long as I have you, I can get through anything. I love you Ben Solo... And Kylo Ren..." Ben looked at her with wide eyes. "Using some of Kylo Ren for good can be a good thing. He is part of you no matter what and I love all of you. Balancing between the two might help the galaxy.you're dark powers can be used for good. We might need Kylo from time to time."  Ben sighs. "The war is not over Rey. It had only begun. " Rey smiles. "We will make it through." Ben grabs Rey's hand. "Rey... Will you.... marry me..?" Try quickly turned to Ben as her eyes brightened. She hugs him tighter than she ever has and Ben hugs back. "We will win this war Ben together. As husband and wife. Yes I will marry you."