Chapter three : The Mission

A slit of sun light fell across Rey's face from her window. she was woken by a knock at her door. "Rey?" The two voices sounded familiar. It was Finn and Poe. "I'm getting up guys I promise," She called to them. "General Leia needs to see you. It's urgent," Poe exclaimed. "I will get up right away," She called back. She heard their footsteps make their way down the hallway. With one swift move she turned her legs and sprung out of beg. She quickly got dressed and grabbed a sip of water. In a hurry she made her way to the office of the general. Knocking on the door she hears Leia tell her it is open and to come in. Her voice sounds a little stressed. Rey wondered what could be on her mind. Slowly walking in the door she closes it behind her. "Good morning general," Rey said with a smile. "Good morning Rey," Leia said a little worried. "General is something wrong?" Leia knew what she was about to ask from Rey was something that she really should not ask of anyone. She turned to Rey and said, "Rey there is something I need you to do. A mission." "A mission? When do I start? I'd be glad to start as soon as possible." Rey was so sure she was ready to go another mission. Leia laughed, " Hold on. You don't even know what it is I'm asking you to do." Her laughter died. " I need you to sneak onto Ben's.... Kylo Ren's ship as a stormtrooper and see what you can find out from the first order and Be.. Kylo himself. I know this is something that is very dangerous. Believe me I know what my child is capable of. I know what he has done and who he has killed." Rey rested her hand on Leia's. "Leia I am still so sorry about Han. This is going to be very difficult. I don't want to see that monster, but for you and the resistance I will do my best. I accept this mission." "Rey I know there just has to be light in him still. It may be the smallest bit, but I feel it. If you really do not wish to go then you may decline. You are just the only one I trusted to get this job done," she explains to Rey. "I will not fail you general. I will do my best to find out their plans and bring Ben Solo back to light," Rey smiled. Leia smiled, " Then go. Let your mission begin. And Rey... May the force be with you always."

"Excuse me?! You are going to do what," Finn questioned concerned. Rey kept on eating her breakfast and packing her bag. "You heard what I said Finn," She looked at him as the words spat out of her mouth. Poe stood up and spoke firmly, " This is nuts Rey. Even if the General asked you to do so. You know this is crazy and dangerous. You know he could kill you so easily." "But he won't," Rey snapped. "How do you know that," Finned harshly questioned. Rey placed her hand on his arm and smiled. " There is still light in him. I could feel his conflict. It frustrates him. I know I can get through to him. Even though he is a monster." Poe immediately spoke up, " We are coming with you." Rey snapped. " No you are not. General Leia's orders were strictly to have me go on my own. I will not have you two be put in danger because you think I can't fucking take care of myself. I am not a child anymore. You two don't need to be dumbasses and get yourself killed." She calmed down and gave them a reassuring smile. " I will be fine guys. Besides being on a ship with the most horrible human being alive, everything else is great."