Chapter fifteen : I'm Okay

Kylo leads Rey through the ship. Kylo speaks, "Stay close to me." Rey holds onto his arm. A small smile falls across Kylo's face. After it seemed like they walked the whole ship, they final cover to a room where Kylo stops. Rey looks at him. "You can come in there with me. Your mom might want to see you." Kylo looks down. "My mom doesn't want to see me. Not after everything I have done." Rey grabs his chin and lifts his face. She speaks, "Even after everything you have done. She is your mother. She loves you Ben. She will want to see you."  Kylo slightly smiles, "I will stay to the side until I feel I should come in. I don't want to freak her out." Kylo punches in the code and opens the door. They both walk in. Kylo starts to mess with the projection board and seems or a video call request. He steps out of view and Rey walks forward. Soon the call is answered. "REY!" Rey's eyes light up. "FINN!" A small amount of jealousy glazes Kylo's eyes. Finn speaks, "Hold on. Let me get general Leia!" Leia steps into the picture and Kylo's eyes widen. "Mom," he thinks. "Rey! You are okay, " Leia says excitedly. Rey speaks, " Yes I'm fine. I was sadly caught as soon as I got here. Things didn't start out okay, but then I had some help." Rey looks across the room and motions for Kylo to come over. Leia's eyes get bright. "Ben! My son!" He looks down. "H-hi mom." Leia sighs, "Oh sweetheart. We will talk about it later. Right now you need to let Rey come home. She had done enough for now. Please son." Kylo gets protective. He steps in front of her. "No! She can't leave!"Rey grabs his hand. "Hey. Come on now." Kylo begins to tear up. "You promised Rey. You can't." Rey placed her hand on his cheek. "Ben I will not leave you behind. I am keeping my promise. Come with me. It's not too late." Leia looks surprised. She questions, "What is going on?" Kylo looks at his mom with the deepest eyes. He finally speaks, "Mom... I-I... I... love her.." Rey gasps and turns to Kylo. She speaks, "You love me?" Kylo turns to Rey and grabs both of her hands. His eyes look very deep. "Yes Rey. I love you... I have for a while now.." Rey hurries into his arms hugging him tightly. "I-I love you too." Leia smiles. Ben tears up. "Rey please. Don't leave me..." Rey turns to Leia. "There has to be something I can do. We can't just leave yet. They will come directly after us." Kylo speaks, "Mom. I am protecting her I promise. I'm keeping her safe, but I have to make Snoke think I am turning her. I'm not fully dark or light, but I will go whatever I have to so she is safe."  Leia speaks, "what are your plans?" Kylo carefully speaks, "I'm going to train her. Just in lightsaber battle and self defense, but Snoke will think it's dark side. " Leia gasps, "Ben are you saying you mastered the art of the gray Jedi? " Kylo quickly answers, " It is possible." "Honey no one had every mastered that. It too difficult," Leia tells him. Rey is confused. She asks, "Guys? What is the Gray Jedi?" Kylo turns to her and speaks. "It is a Jedi who is strong in both sides of the force. They use either side when needed. They are truly balanced." He turns to his mom. "Mom I feel it. I can't commit to light because I have done certain things, but I can't commit to dark because there are certain things I would never do. Maybe I can use my dark power for good." Rey quickly speaks, "I think someone  is coming." they both turn to Leia as she speaks, "Go rest. You will need it. Check back in soon. And... May the Force be with you both." The projection ends and Rey grabs Kylo's hand. "Let's go."