Chapter 1

~

~Tobirama's POV~

"Anija!" I called, at the edge of my patience searching for my esteemed brother who so easily neglected his duties as Hokage and went to roam in the forest as per his habit of requiring entertainment. "Tch."

I stopped and noticed my surroundings; I never ventured this deep in the forest of the Country of Fire. One more step and I would be in the unknown territory of fearsome beasts as rumors had it.

"Anija!" Thankfully this time I sensed his chakra soon followed by his own self emerging from the thick of the trees, all jolly and jumpy.

"Ooh Tobirama! What brings you here?" He asked happily, walking with me back to the village.

"Where were you?! You have duties and meetings! And your wife is worried sick about you disappearing so suddenly!"

"I just-"

"Shut up!" He sulked but then cheered up and addressed me.

"Tomorrow, meet me at the heart of the forest after your meeting with young ones is finished."

"Why?" By now we were back to the village and many people waved and bowed in respect to the Senju heads, that is, us.

He was waving and smiling back to the people when he answered, "you need to get married."

"HUH?!" I stopped and so did everyone else, probably taken aback from my sudden outburst. I cleared my throat and resumed walking while my brother laughed at my little display of violent emotion.

~

"Keep at this pace and you will all become excellent shinobi. That is all. Good work." All the academy students dispersed in a moment's happening.

I headed back to the Senju compound to pick up my sword; anija told me to meet him in the heart of the forest but to go there without weapons would be extreme foolishness. That part of the woods is filled with rumors and stories that can incite fear and unsettle even the grown ups and skilled shinobi and since I would be going there for the first time, I would like a weapon. Anija went there every now and then so I expect that place to be harmless but underestimating any aspect of an unknown territory can come at high price.

I took my sword but left my armour and entered the forest. Once again I found myself stopping at the edge of thickening forest where I had stopped yesterday, not out of fear but to analyse the area for any traps. When I found none, I continued on my path to meet my brother, stopping again when I sensed a presence and dodged a few seconds before a shuriken took the place of my foot on the grassy ground.

I unsheathed my sword and readied myself for battle as the person came in view. It seemed like a man because of the height and posture and also clothing and armour. The face was covered in a mask and the hair were tied up.

Was this an intruder? An assassin? Clearly the colour of cloth and armour belonged to Konoha but it could be impersonation of style for camouflage.

He didn't make for an attack but I could see his eyes behind the mask taking in my appearance before realising something and fleeing as suddenly as appearing.

Tch.

Does anija know about this?

Deciding to leave the matter for a later time, quite unlike my usual self, I walked until I could hear the obnoxious laughter of a person who should have been solemn and sober according to his standing as the Hokage.

There were a lot of trees but any clever person would know which path to take in such a place and I did just that and arrived at the heart of the forest.

My face showed all the questions that came to my mind at the scenery before me. What was this place? Why did anija call me here? Why was he laughing in the middle of a forest like that and where did that old woman come from and WHY WERE THERE SO MANY WOMEN HERE AND WHY HAD I NOT KNOWN ABOUT THIS UNTIL NOW?

"Oh Tobirama! You made it!" He laughed some more, adding to my annoyance. The old woman, sitting outside on the porch of some cabin like building gave me a hard, scrutinizing look before joining my brother in the laugh fest.

"Anija, what is the meaning of this?" I crossed my arms and looked around the area, glaring at the whispering women hiding behind one another until disappearing from sight at the order of the older woman.

"Ah Tobirama, sit down, there is something to talk about."

~

~

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment~!

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~