Chapter 25

~

~Niyo's POV~

I stood up from my pots and smoothed my clothes, keeping the door open for Hashirama-sama after a small bow which he returned with a smile. I pulled out the chairs for the brothers and served them tea, quite all the while.

I was dreading the checkup because it would be followed by a scolding and perhaps stricter measures in order to keep me resting. Hashirama-sama would most definitely will not be pleased when he finds out how much I have been going against his advices, so when the brothers were finished with their tea, I was intentionally and perhaps obviously slow in my clearing away the space for the checkup.

When I sat down on my bed to remove my shirt, Tobirama was sent outside. I pulled my hair out of the way for the Hokage to see the damage. It was a good thing that the brother was sent out as I did not want him to see what was about to take place and that typically would be the older Senju trying to reason with me and me not agreeing to anything; he would also ask me something to know what really happened between Tobirama and me to make his presence unbearable for me and I wouldn't say a thing.

"You have not been resting as I told you to." Hashirama-sama said when he put a hand on my back to check the state of the damage there. I sighed. "And you have had a fever running for a few days. You must be experiencing nosebleeds and bloody coughs as well." I stayed quiet, but surprised that he found out all this in just under a minute.

"I can't just stay in bed and rest all day." I finally said.

"Why not?"

"The images of that day... they don't let me have any peace." Since my back was to him, my expressions were safe.

"I know much about what happened from Tobirama's report but it was very objective." I chuckled.

"That's your brother for you."

"And I also don't know about what you did that saved that whole forest. Must have been quite a heavy jutsu."

"It does take some toll, yes-"

"On the caster's life force." My eyes widened at this. How the hell did he know that? "It was because of this that I couldn't heal you properly before you went on the mission."

"It wasn't your fault-ugh!!" I doubled over in absolute agony. The pain radiating from my back was far worse than when the damage was still freshly obtained. "Wha-" I tried asking through my sudden breathless state but the brown-haired Senju just smiled at me.

"Don't worry. This is just a preventive measure. If you decide to disobey and not rest again like you are told, something bad will happen." I was warned. To be honest, I was slightly afraid of this side of the hokage that I got to see so suddenly.

He didn't tell me what he did but returned to his usual goofy self in just mere seconds and that had me more afraid; not knowing what he did, I would reluctantly have to be careful about what I did.

"How long before it's completely healed?" I asked putting my shirt back on and turning to face the hokage when he took his seat where we had had tea earlier.

"Should be just another week,"

"Phew-"

"If you rest that is." I made a face.

"I don't want to get out of practice. You know it took me more than my usual time and strength to cut down a regular tree today, and if I rest and waste my time, I fear I would become completely useless altogether." I was karate-chopped on my head.

"Have patience. You can push yourself once you are healed and well-"

"But what if right when I heal and can't even pick up a sword, somebody attacks?"

"I have shinobi guarding the forest while you can't."

"But that's my job..."

"Enough!" I flinched but looked at the man strangely when he started laughing with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "If I find that you haven't been taking it easy, I would have Tobirama on the job to make sure that you do."

Oh for God's sake...

"Alright. I will do as I am told. Don't put your brother on my case." And Hashirama-sama laughed some more at my clear annoyance.

"That's the spirit!"

Yeah... after being threatened...

~

~

Enjoy Reading~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~