Chapter 40

~

~Tobirama's POV~

I was peaceful. It was a kind of peace I had not felt in the longest time and it was here now because...

My eyes went to the sleeping form of Niyo, her back was turned towards me and her head rested on my arm. Her bluish shoulder caught my eye and it pained me to think of the pain she must have felt because of it. Anjia told me her brother hurt her with a poisoned sword and all the time the poison was in her system, Niyo was in undiluted agony. She looked peaceful now though, with the sunlight gently lighting up her features and putting a shine on her.

I turned on my right where Niyo rested and kissed her shoulder before deciding to get up. It was already late by my standards but we were both allowed lateness and privacy because we were married just yesterday. I always thought anija's habit of not wanting to get up as obnoxious but now that I had Niyo in my arms, I too, did not want that warmth to fade.

There was a knock on the door, followed by a loud voice of my brother that undid the fact that his knocking was quiet. I sighed and carefully pulled my arm from under Niyo's head and spread the sheets evenly over her before getting up, putting on my robes and going to answer the door.

"Looks like you just got up!" Anija laughed at me.

"Quiet! You will wake her!" I whispered and my brother sniggered. "You are awfully cheerful for someone who got so drunk last night."

"One slap from Mito can sober me up real quick...I discovered that today..." Sure enough his left cheek was red.

"What did you want?"

"Since everybody is tired from yesterday, we are having a late breakfast today so I came to wake you up. It's still going to be an hour till that, so freshen up."

"Alright." I said and went back in the room and picking out my clothes to change into after taking a bath.

"Ohayou..." I was about to enter the bathroom but Niyo's slurred greeting caught me dead in my steps. Her eyes were still closed but her head was turned in my general direction so I assumed she must have located me with my chakra. "Was that Hashirama-sama just now?"

"Yes. He came to let us know about the late breakfast today."

"I see." She tried wiping her eyes of any sleep and opened them to their fullest to keep them open but she was clearly still tired. "If you are looking for round two, you shouldn't enter the bathroom." Niyo laughed after her comment knowing full well my face would get a bit hot at her comment. Her laughter woke her up completely and for the first time this day, I looked into her eyes. The orange in the sky everybody found beautiful could never compare to the orange in Niyo's eyes.

"I won't be long." I told her and went to take a bath.

~Niyo's POV~

My head was aching but I was putting up a strong front for the dinner with the whole family. Tobirama said that Butsuma-sama and his mother would be there was well since they lived separately after Hashirama-sama became clan leader and Hokage. Tobirama was relentless yesterday so I was still a bit tired but not that much so as to allow it to affect me.

The dinner began and ended with little criticism on me that actually fell on deaf ears since I refused to care about all that stuff. Mito-san was polite and supportive enough to subdue anybody who dared tease me or Tobirama, including her own husband. Tobirama on the other hand, was quite quiet, maybe he was like this when everybody was present.

After dinner when all of us went to our rooms, I didn't feel tired enough to sleep and I remembered that once I had visited the Senju compound, I found out that Tobirama liked to train all night on such days. Well, he wasn't alone in that.

"You know if you want to train and stuff, I am up for it." I offered looking up at my husband from my position on the bed with my back against his chest. He looked down and our eyes met.

"It won't be lukewarm training, you sure you can keep up?"

"You know I can." He knew that so why phrase it like that.

"It's just that your chakra was disturbed the whole day," Tobirama started and a look of worry flashed his face briefly. He noticed.

"Oh that, yeah it happens when I have extended exposure to newer environments."

"That's part truth." I sighed. There was no fooling this guy.

"Varg and I are connected by chakra so his pain and injury becomes mine to some extent. He is really not doing well so that's why..."

"Shouldn't you call him and spend some time?"

"That would only tire him unnecessarily and I can't visit him in his realm so... worrying is pointless really." I rubbed my temples and leaned further in Tobirama's back but suddenly he got up, making me get up in the process.

"Come on, I am going training. It will take your mind off things." I nodded and followed him to a garden type area in the compound that was heavily domed with trees maybe so that no noise got out.

I wonder what it was built for like this.

"I am ok with taijutsu." I answered Tobirama before he even asked and we began fighting.

~

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment!

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^
~