Chapter 13

~Niyo's POV~

This kid looked familiar to me, the brown eyes and hair, the face cut especially. I would find myself staring at her for unknown amount of time till somebody would point it out and I would have to look away, embarrassed. Many women here were amused by this setting that bacchan made, following me silently to see when I would finally snap. It was entertainment for them.

For me?

Well, I trusted bacchan with this decision and so I respected her wish to become more tolerant, I tried at least. But, when I was really observing Shizu, I felt an odd energy within her. I was a sensory type and I knew what a regular chakra pattern felt like and so I knew that Shizu was neither emitting or in possession of it. I couldn't quite place my finger on it but this sort of energy was familiar as well. It irritated me to not recall this special pattern.

Since I gave my bed to Shizu, and my shoulder still not completely healed, I made do with just sheets and leaves as my bed but as soon as I was able to move my arm without wincing, I got down to business.

I was walking to the part of the forest where we planted trees especially for furniture purposes, carrying my weapons with me, and Shizu tagging along. I don't know why she did that. Sure bacchan made her my responsibility but she could always play with other girls her age, I even ordered her to do so. But no, she went wherever I did and as impatient as people would think me to be at such a behavior, I was not bothered by it too much. As long as she kept quiet, and didn't interfere with my business, anybody was welcome to accompany me, except Miyori of course.

So after walking and scouting the place for half an hour to find a perfect tree, I finally found one. Rubbing my hands, I picked up the huge axe and swung it back, bringing it down on the tree with such a force that I only needed two more swings to finally bring it down.

"Step aside kid." I told Shizu, with the immensely heavy falling tree in my arms. She just stared at me. Firstly, I had a whole damn tree in my arms and it was heavy, secondly, I told this girl to move so I could put the tree down and she was not listening, these were reasons enough for me to lose it, and I did, to some extent. I brought my foot down on the back of the girl and kicked her aside, with not much force or I would have broken her back. Thank goodness nobody was here to lecture me on this.

Or so I thought.

"I will let you explain the situation after you put the tree down."

I mentally cursed and sighed as explicitly as I could. "I am not explaining. Think what you....want!" I dropped the tree on the ground, as a result of which the whole earth within one kilometer radius shook, and faced Tobirama after regaining my breath. "What brings you here?" I dusted my clothes and walked to the Senju, ignoring Shizu who was still staring at me. Does this kid stop staring?!

"I had some business to discuss with the old lady." He answered, his arms crossed.

"What business?"

"About posting some guards here."

"I told you it's not necessary." I crossed my own arms now, trying to keep my chakra from going out of control firstly because of Shizu being more of a stump than an actual stump and now Tobirama talking about having the forest guarded. "I have it all under control."

"That is not what Morino-baa thinks." I immediately shut up at this. Tobirama's eyes went from me to behind me where I knew Shizu was and he had a perplexed look in them, his eyebrows were furrowed as well.

"Can't place it either?"

"Hmm." At this I turned to look at the kid as well, then something clicked and I turned my head back around.

"But why did bacchan send you here?"

"To help you...." He trailed off, trying to find the words perhaps, "with whatever it is that you were doing..." I sighed.

"If it was about cutting that tree, I am done with it." I said and picked the axe back up, walking to the trunk in the process.

"Then why have you picked the axe again?"

"Well, it's not going turn into a bed itself." I rolled my eyes at him, trying not to kick him aside as well.

"Do you have another one of those?" Tobirama pointed at the axe. He wanted to help. I raised my eyebrow.

"Don't you need to be back at the village? Do whatever it is that you do?"

"I still have plenty of time before I have to return-"

"So you will waste your time here?"

"It's not wasting-" He stopped himself and pinched the skin between his eyes, probably to keep himself from bursting in anger. "Look, let me help you."

I stared at the Senju, trying to figure out why he was willing to help and a number of questions ran through my head. Did bacchan ask him to? Did she threaten him? Did Hokage-sama threaten him or asked him? Did he think I was a weakling who couldn't do this by herself?

Before my thoughts went anywhere else, the axe was yanked away from my hand and I was lightly pushed aside.

"Hey-" I started my protest.

"Learn to accept help," was all Tobirama said and started swinging the blade on the wood. I sighed and shook my head before joining him in the task, and instructing where the next blow was to go. Shizu was STILL staring. I wanted to gouge her eyes out but calmed myself down before I actually did it.

Normally it would have taken me nine hours to get this job done but with an extra pair of hands and swift on top on that, it only took three. Tobirama was nice enough to help me carry the cut wood back to my cabin where we assembled the bed before he decided to take his leave.

"Thank you for helping me." I told him with a slight bow. Although I was reluctant in accepting help, I wasn't raised an ill-mannered woman to not show gratitude where it was necessary. "If you still have some time, you can stay and I will brew some tea?"

"I will make another visit for that."

"O...kayyyyy....?" I did not know how to respond to that.

"Dewa mata." Tobirama said and walked off.

"Mata...."

I was left with a lot of thinking after this happening and although I wanted to dismiss this whole situation as something that was forced on Tobirama, I found myself reliving the time and looking for clues that proved me wrong.

I did not like where this was going.

~

~

Enjoy Reading~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^