Chapter 12

~

~Niyo's POV~

"What should I do, bacchan?" I asked, sitting in front of Morino-baa, well not me but my clone.

"What else? Bring her here." I sighed.

"Fine."

☁POOF☁

"Okay kid, you have been called in." I said and picked up the little girl to the best of my ability. Let me back up a bit and revise what happened.

When I was returning from the Senju compound, crossing the Morinome territory, I saw a little girl sitting on the same stump bacchan found me. Well, this forest was a place to take in abandoned women and girls so I sent my clone to ask bacchan what to do about this situation, while the real me kept an eye on the girl. She was unresponsive to any questions and now that I received orders of bringing her with me, she wouldn't get up and walk so I decided to pick her up because I had to take her with me. She kept squirming and hitting me with her tiny fists. Though they didn't hurt but every one or two would hit my healing wound and well that was not pleasant.

Finally angry enough to let my emotions cloud me, I tied her wrists and feet and threw her on my shoulder, and ran past the trees into the clearing and soon enough walked into bacchan's cabin. I glared at the snickering girls who had followed me here, amused by my impatience and roughness.

"Niyo! Can you not be a bit more gentle to children?" I was scolded by Mori-baa when she saw how I brought the kid and put her on the ground as if it were some thing and not a living being. I shrugged.

"She was struggling too much, I had to tie her up." I spoke in my defense and sat down in front of bacchan where my clone had been just minutes earlier.

"You could have at least- oh never mind." I rolled my eyes and rubbed my shoulder, easing the pain there. "Apply this and rest while I think of what to do with this child."

I took the ointment from her and left. While I rubbed the paste on the blue patch and enjoyed its soothing effect, my mind went to what Hashirama-sama said. I sighed, giving up on the idea of accepting any help from Konoha. This was my fight, and I will not drag anybody else into it.

I had just put on a fresh shirt and rinsed my hands and splashed my face with cool water that I was called in bacchan's cabin. I realized that my thoughts, although were short, they consumed an hour of my time. I entered the cabin after knocking and noticed the presence of a few other women, all younger than me of course but wiser as well, as strange as it sounds.

This time again, like the time when I just knew that Tobirama was in the cabin as a potential partner for me, I knew what was going to befall me and before anybody had the time to utter anything on the matter, I closed the cabin door and walked out. Laughter erupted from inside, making me take deep breaths to calm myself before I killed a tree or four.

They were going to make the kid my responsibility. I just knew it.

I sat down on the porch and put my head in my hands, cursing my existence and I was so absorbed in my task that I didn't notice the cabin door open. Suddenly I was dragged in by the back of my shirt and only bacchan could do that. I sighed and sighed and sighed until looking away when I was glared at by the old woman.

"Why me?"

"Because you need to bring a gentleness in your manner-"

"I don't really. I am fine the way I am."

"Would you treat your own children this way?" One of the women said.

"Nature perhaps thinks of me as a hopeless case too, so maybe that's why I can't get married and woohoo, no kiddies consequently." They all sighed.

"Still, this girl will be staying in your room until she gets old enough to get a separate one, and you will watch out for her well being." Bacchan told me, her tone final.

"Ugh fine! Can I go now? I have a rehab routine."

"Take her with you." My eye twitched when the little girl was nudged towards me. I stomped my foot and took the kid by her hand and led her to my cabin.

"This will be your room from now. You can take the bed, I will make another for myself." She nodded and went quietly to sit on the bed, looking around. "Oh, what's your name?" She didn't answer but just tilted her head to the side, looking at me with strangely keen eyes. "Alright then, I will name you Shizu, short for Shizuka, since you refuse to say a word. Is that ok?" I had no idea how to level myself to children and that was one of the reasons I hated being in their presence.

Shizu didn't answer again. She spread the sheets over herself and went to sleep, turning her back on me.

It is gonna be a long damn struggle trying not to strangle this kid.

~

Enjoy Reading~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~