Chapter 50

~Tobirama's POV~

"Calm your chakra and put that frown off your face, it looks like you want to murder the clan leader first chance you get." I told Niyo when she started leaking hostile chakra in the atmosphere, so much so that those who were with us fell a few paces back just to avoid being caught in her anger.

"That's the plan." I stopped walking and faced my wife.

"No that is not the plan. The plan is to negotiate their surrender. The plan is peace." She frowned even more and looked away.

"That's your plan and it's dumb. How do you even know they want peace? This could very well be a trap just to get me there so they could jump us and kill you all-"

"If it comes to that you know we will fight."

"So why even let it come to that?" She was particularly persistent today, not that it was a bad thing but right now, it was dangerous.

"Don't forget what we had to lose to get here."

"As if I could even if I tried."

"I shouldn't have said that, I apologize."

"Yeah...alright I promise not to kill anyone right off the bat and to listen what they have to say before jumping the gun and committing genocide."

"That's better."

We resumed our walk to the Tanogata clan settlement. Niyo had behaved and obliged about the condition that she would get better and I would arrange a meeting with her clan – they had agreed surprisingly easily which put Niyo in a lot of doubt about their motives. The actual and official reason for the meeting between us was a peace treaty which we were to bring to them because the Tanogata flatly refused to come to Konoha after the 'humiliation' they had received at our hands.

The settlement was not that far so we had decided to walk. My team asked to be appointed as our guards since it was more of a personal matter for Niyo than a diplomatic one for the village – the three of them wanted to help.

The whole ordeal was really suspicious though – the clan that had previously refused to collaborate in a peace treaty to agree so easily on the terms, it didn't sit well with Niyo who was already burning in the rage caused by her father's doing and the new information she received at the Yamanaka's hands only added to it. She temporarily got sicker after the new news but quickly recovered when I set her the condition. Anija wanted to come too but his presence was needed in the village and I wanted to be the one to kill the Tanogata head should the plan goes sideways.

I wanted Niyo's chakra sealed off a bit longer when she was healing but one day she got really angry broke the seal anija had on her, surprising us all. That was the first time I had seen someone force the undoing of a seal that way. She was really frightening that day and I still don't know what caused it but what I did know was that it was not wise to seal her chakra again.

We started moving at the first light so we could arrive there by midday. My team was moving in a perimeter, scouting for threats and traps but they found none which further increased our suspicious; the Tanogata did not have even one lookout shinobi.

"You know your arm might start hurting any time soon." I informed Niyo remembering that the kind of poison she was hurt with had something that hurt her every time she was near her clan members. I could only imagine what might be the case when she is within feet of them.

"What makes you think it's not hurting already?" I was going to stop again but she shrugged. "It's fine, Hashirama-sama gave me something to null the pain, though I don't know how long it will work or how much it will null. Guess we'll find out." I took her hand in mine and tried sending some chakra her way for increased therapy.

Once we were some distance away from the clan, Sarutobi jumped in front of us and came to a halt. "Just a kilometer ahead, sensei." I nodded and resumed.

Soon the figures of people started coming in our view and I noticed the hostility in Niyo's chakra increase to a dangerous level. She was not going to be calm about any of this and it was right but also problematic.

"Come this way." One person from the twenty guarding the entrance told us and started leading the way. I could see the moment he turned his back that Niyo was having a hard time controlling her anger but this was just a henchman, a pawn lowest in the chain of command. I was afraid to think what would happen when Niyo would be face to face with her father but I didn't have to wonder on the possibility for long because just some distance away was a man trying his best to smile a smile that was genuine and not forced or creepy.

"Here goes nothing." Niyo prayed under her breath and although I wasn't a firm believer in the power of prayers, I found myself doing the same.

~

~

Heyyyyy guysssssss!! So how many of you are into Supernatural and how many have seen the first episode of the new season? I don't want to write any spoilers but damn ;-;

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment!

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~