Chapter 35

~

~Niyo's POV~

Although I could not see, my ears picked up on clanging and clashing noises around me. There was a battle going on. I tried remembering what had happened that rendered me unable to open my eyes and all I could recollect was being in the water. It didn't make sense to me, being out of it just by being in the water...

Wait a second...

A vague picture of someone smirking flashed in my head, behind closed eyelids and that was enough to send a sharp pain throughout my body, making me open my eyes and sit upright in just a second.

I remembered.

No sooner had I opened my eyes, I got on my feet to assess the situation. The scenery was still the spring but it was a battleground now. The sun had risen and shone over every ugly battle on the beautiful water, staining it with blood and cluttering the bed with weapons. Tobirama was fighting twenty men at the same time and his two clones had secured a perimeter around me. There were other clusters as well, I couldn't quite see properly but I guessed they were the backup. Takumi was nowhere to be found.

I was angry. Again and again people were being hurt and dragged into meaningless battle and fighting because of me. This was a trap by the Tanogata to get to me and they surely did.

"Shit! She is awake! Wrap up here!" That voice was familiar. I turned my head just in time to see a kunai being aimed at me and dodged it narrowly. Ryuunosuke threw it. So he was in on this with the Tanogata. That damned bastard.

"Koharu! Look out!" I looked in the general direction of the voice and saw Takumi, finally, jumping out of cover and running for Koharu with a sword in his hands, knowing him, it would have been poisoned. Tobirama's team had been sent as backup.

Whether I was a hundred percent or not, I had to do something, Hiruzen and Homura were not that close that they could leave their own battles to jump in for Koharu. I had to do something and so I did. I would not allow any more casualties on my watch. I did some handsigns and spat an oil bullet at Takumi's sword which got deflected and gave me enough time to cover the distance to Koharu.

"Fall back." I told her.

"But-"

"I got this. Rest."

"Ho! Niyo! What a surprise-" Takumi started.

"Shut up." I was more than furious right now. Another few handsigns and I spat a thin layer of oil on all the enemies. When Takumi registered that it was oil, his expression changed to that of horror.

"You... you have the... that's why father wants you back...?"

"You can tell that bastard all of this when I send him to the afterlife, after you."

"Like you can take him on-"

"Tobirama, take you team and get back!" I shouted so my voice could travel the distance. I briefly glanced in his direction and smirked though my anger at his surprise. "Now, Takumi, prepare yourself."

At this, my 'brother' made a run for it, knowing what was to come but what he did not know that he couldn't run from me, not when I was this angry and had resorted to using my kekkei genkai. I remembered to some of the scrolls Tobirama allowed me to see in the Senju compound and strained my brain to recollect the handsigns for the jutsu I wanted. I knew I wouldn't be able to get it right in such a moment but I had to do something.

Midway through the handsigns, I felt my chest getting warm, a feeling that followed in my neck until I was breathing out a great fire. I couldn't control it all that well as I had wanted to and thankfully Tobirama was a water-type so he was able to secure his team and protect them from the fire. All the others who had been first contacted with my oil screamed and ran everywhere to get the fire out but they couldn't, the water of the spring helped them no more than the dirt did.

It was horrible to see since I did that and once the screaming started subsiding, one by the one the bodies fell in the water and after colliding with its rather hard surface, turned to ash till nobody but us five were left standing.

"I-is the village ok?" I asked Tobirama through my weakened state. Using oil took a severe toll on me and now that I used fire after it, it only made me weaker.

"It is." My relief was obvious in my voice and posture. "You scared them..." Tobirama wondered looking at the three students who kept their distance with unease plastered on their faces.

"I don't blame them. It was rather horrible. I don't ever want to have to use it again."

~

On our way back to the village, Tobirama's team walked ahead, still maintaining some safe distance while the two of us strolled in the back. My head was aching from what had happened and since I had to use the oil, it ached even more so.

Ryuunosuke and a handful of others were in leagues with the Tanogata's plan to capture me and they devised this mission to lure me in their trap. The rest of the village was left in chaos when I...put their leader out of commission but Tobirama explained the situation expertly and also told them that the people who had been disappearing in the springs was just a rumor spread to cause a reason for the need of a mission. He put it in such a logical manner that there was no room left for the villagers to hold us in contempt. They viewed us as their saviours and tool up Tobirama on his advice to form an alliance with Konoha so they could come under the village's protection from future threats.

This was all well done but my head still ached because of the question that was stuck there, the question I had to ask before we reached the village gates, a few short miles away. I took a deep breath and took a hold of Tobirama's right hand in both of my hands and made him stop in his tracks. His team kept walking and once they were out of sight, I looked up at the Senju who gave me a puzzling look.

"I have to tell you something but before I say it, if you agree to it then come to bacchan's cabin till the end of the week, and if you don't... I wish you a happy life."

Maybe he got the meaning or maybe my seriousness was too visible under the night sky. He turned completely to face me and put his other hand on mine. "Say it."

I took another deep breath, knowing that this could go either way and it could devastate me but once my eyes met with his, I got the confidence to utter the two words that I never knew were possible for me to say to anyone. It was a statement, a command, a request and a question all at once and its uttering lifted a great burden.

"Marry me."

~

~

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment!

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^
~