Chapter 17

~Tobirama's POV~

"This mission is a request from Morinome, so Tobirama, I must send you and your team on it." Anija explained with a rather severe look on his face for someone who rarely showed it. This only told us all that this particular matter was important.

"Ah."

My team bowed to my brother and we were on our way when the door of the Hokage's office, where we currently were, burst open and in walked Niyo.

"I am going too." She stated plainly.

"What are you doing here? You are supposed to be resting!" I reminded her. "And mind your manners-"

"Nobody but me knows who you are looking for, so in case you don't want to unnecessarily waste your time and chakra, I suggest I go." She faced me and spat.

"The old lady gave the mission to Konoha so-"

"I don't care about that. And I wasn't asking for your permission to tag along, I was informing you." Before I could respond to that, anija intervened.

"Now now, don't fight, please. Tobirama, let Niyo-san lead the tracking."

"What?!"

"Hnph." The woman smirked and flipped her hair. Saru nudged Homura and laughed while Koharu tried to stop them. I will lecture them later.

"But, Niyo-san, leave everything else to Tobirama please."

"After I interrogate the culprit, I will." Anija sighed at this woman's stubbornness but gave in.

"Alright. You all leave one hour from now. Meet at the northern gates. Dismiss."

~Niyo's POV~

After I had woken up for a brief period, I was told I healed bacchan and collapsed soon after. I knew from that what jutsu I must have used; it gave half the damage to the user and healed the other person. When I came to, after a whole day, bacchan was already awake and she scolded me about it but she was worth it. Next thing I know, she had requested Konoha to find the one who was behind the blast. We all knew it was an assassination and when I was in bed yesterday, I thought back on Shizu and finally it clicked. I remembered who she looked like and I knew the chakra pattern as well, so I barged in Hashirama-sama's office to inform them about my inclusion in the mission. Tobirama and his team were, no doubt, competent but they didn't know what I knew and I was their best bet if they wanted to find that person before they got away or hid.

The burns on my back were aching, I hadn't healed completely but that was not an excuse to not let myself go on this mission. I stood by the village gates and checked my weapons. I had them with me when I went to the Hokage's office. I left bacchan a note, explaining the situation. She wouldn't have let me go if I asked her permission and now she would be angry when she finds out.

I leaned into the nearby wall and closed my eyes, spreading my chakra so I could at least try and catch a passing note on the chakra I was looking for. Shizuka didn't come to the forest on her own, somebody put her there and so that chakra must still be lingering in the air because the forest was a place where the chakra trails were hard to erase. I know it's been over a month since the person dropped Shizu near the forest but I had to try to feel that chakra.

"You are foolish to want to come on this mission."

"I would be foolish to sit back on it." I answered Tobirama with my eyes still closed. I heard him take a deep breath and sigh. I smiled. He was trying not to let his anger take over. I liked that. For a man to control himself and not others when it suits him, was something I found attractive.

"Don't overexert yourself. I know you still haven't healed completely." I opened my eyes and left the support of the wall.

"I leave everything else to you, if you are faster at it."

"Don't be surprised when you find out that I am."

"I will marry you if you manage to surprise me." I joked. It was the kind of thing I would casually say and not think about it afterwards but today was not that day. Soon after I said it, I felt blood rush to my face and I had to look away to hide it. One look from the corner of my eye told me Tobirama was in the same position.

It was a good feeling....

~

Enjoy Reading~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~