Chapter 53

~

~Tobirama's POV~

Trying not to kill people but to injure them immovable was proving to be a chore since there were so many men in the Tanogata clan. Homura and Koharu were also getting tired and I was worried about Niyo running out of energy and chakra and it showed when I began to miss some attacks – I wanted to wrap up this end of the battle soon so I could aid my wife.

"Sensei!" I took a sharp turn and pushed my sword in a few men along the way when I heard Saru's voice that conveyed distress. It was Niyo, her chakra was weakening and her kekkei genkai was beginning to get out of control before completely splattering where it was and Saru lit it on fire.

"Go, we will handle it here." Koharu told me and Homura nodded in assurance. I took their offer and left the battle to them, hurrying to Niyo but I was a second too late and cursed myself for it when a kunai injured her shoulder. It was strange that it was her shoulder that was hurt but she was clutching her abdomen in what seemed like excruciating pain. I made some clones to take care of the sides and to give me undisturbed time with my wife.

"Niyo, can you hear me?" I asked putting one of my arms under her head to support it and prevent it from touching the ground, my other hand went to her hand that was holding the fabric over her mid. She was breathing deeply probably to try and null some pain but it didn't seem to be working.

"S-s...some...-something is...." She opened her eyes briefly to look at me. I couldn't make out the meaning of her words until she uttered one more thing that fit the pieces, "m-moving." I put my hand on her belly and sensed for what was ailing her but it escaped me the first few times and became visible only seconds before black horns erupted from her belly which had her cry out in pain push me away.

It was the first time in my life that I didn't know what to do. Anija was better at such situations where the actual cause needed to be determined for a long term solution – right now he wasn't here though and I was at a loss. I was just looking at Niyo breathing and screaming in pain and it felt like I had been looking at her for hours while it was just seconds in the reality.

The laughter of a certain bastard brought me to my senses and I was in front of Niyo, as her shield in a second when her father came in view.

"What have you done?!" I demanded, angry and sure that it was his doing. "Spill before I kill you."

"Even if you kill me, the jutsu won't deactivate. She will just die suffering, do you want that?" I clenched my jaw trying not to kill the man right then and there, I didn't want to risk his words being true. I made three more clones to guard Niyo and to give her chakra in order to dull as much pain as it was possible for me to do.

"What do you want?"

"Oh if my daughter doesn't join me then I will make sure she can't use the kekkei genkai ever again as well, and maybe, steal it too. I planted this jutsu when I had that dumb Yamanaka wench kill the unborn spawn. I am surprised you naïve hokage didn't notice this. Guess he really is naïve."

"You bastard...!" Before I had the chance, Niyo uttered the exact same words I wanted to, only her voice was really strained. She looked about ready to slip into unconsciousness, the kind people don't wake up from, she worried me but more than that, I was bewildered when she stood up, pushing my clones away as well as the real me and limped to the clan head who was very busy laughing at her struggle. I was a bit frightened by the resolve Niyo was showing, she was injured badly, she could barely stand but that was not stopping her and when I tried to stop her, I didn't find it in me to betray her. Whatever she was planning on doing, she was not going to appreciate me stopping her.