Chapter 49

~

~Niyo's POV~

"Tobirama wake up, I am going to see the Yamanaka." I shook my husband but he was not budging. He slept later than usual last night, he was immersed in work since he was soon to be named Hokage. "Fine, I will ask Mito-san."

I quit the room but left a note explaining my absence because when Tobirama would wake up and won't find me anywhere, he would most definitely panic like he had many times before. I found Mito-san with Hashirama-sama who was just leaving for his work as well and I briefed her about my visit and she agreed to go with me.

"Ah wait!" Hashirama-sama stopped us before we exited the gate. Mito-san shook her head, probably knowing what it was about. "Take care." He slipped on a necklace of sorts on Mito-san, it was a greenish minty coloured stone. I wondered what it was for.

"It's too seal away Kyuubi's chakra should I go on a rampage and it's chakra get out of my control." Mito-san explained on our way to the prison. "By the way, why do you want to meet the prisoner?"

"The whole week I've been in bed, I was thinking how she knew my name, maybe my father told her or something but maybe by this account, she has more information or something, I don't really know, I want to ask her things."

"You are ranting, that's rare." She chuckled at my embarrassment. "Tobirama should be with you, what was he doing?"

"It's alright, he's been busy so he was tired."

"Right, with the title shifting. Speaking of which, once Tobirama is named Hokage, we are moving out of the compound."

"What? Why?" I was surprised.

"We want some peace."

"That's understandable."

We were allowed in the prisons and led to the room they were keeping the Yamanaka in. She was surprised to see me but kept her distance. I sat down on the ground with the wall as my support and had Mito-san take the chair.

"Are they treating you well?" I asked.

"Yes. Thank you for what you did."

"I am glad."

"What...what will become of me?"

"Well since we removed your seal, your son wouldn't have burned so the Tanogata must be thinking that you died or something. I don't exactly know the level of their brutality so I can't say what would happen to your son but I discussed it with my husband that we should pay my family clan a visit."

"It's a bad idea Niyo please-"

"That's another thing. How do you know my name and the way you say it, it seems like you have known for quite a while." She seemed visibly uncomfortable. "Tell me."

"I was married to your father's brother."

"Was?"

"Yes, I heard he was killed in a battle, never said which one but I remember that Takumi-sama also died that time. There weren't even bodies..." I gulped.

I could feel Mito-san's eyes on me. I couldn't bring myself to keep quiet about this, her judgement of me would ease my conscience. "I killed him...and Takumi too. There was a battle and I burned them..that's why there weren't any bodies... I am sorry-"

"What are you saying? Why are you sorry? You killed two of the worst people in the Tanogata, you should be proud!"

"W-what?"

"I mean sure your father made me his concubine after his brother's death being that was much better than being an asshole's wife."

"What sort of a monster... What else can you tell me?"

"You won't like this but I was there when your father abandoned you." When I remained silent, she continued. "It was just seconds after you were born and he found out that he had another daughter that he put on his cloak and went out and when he came back he didn't have you. Your mother nearly went mad but she had other children to give her strength. But..."

"What?"

"When your sisters started dying...your mother tried taking her own life but your father stopped it from happening."

"Why?"

"Because she was one of the very few pureblood Tanogata and he wanted her to remain alive to reproduce...if only barely alive, so he threw her in a separate room-"

"I think that's enough." Mito-san interjected and really it was good that she did, I was getting nauseous. I was still not well and was really a fool to think I could handle this.

"You must still have some family in the Yamanaka here, tell me about them, I can help arrange something."

"I will take care of it, you should rest." I took up Mito-san's advice and her help getting back. My head was spinning from all the new information and my disgust and hatred towards Tanogata only increased which also made my head spin. It was a miracle I could stand at all. Midway through, my condition got worse. My tenketsu were damaged from when I had forced chakra out, my bones that I had broken were still aching, I was generally tired from bleeding and having no chakra was a cherry on top. I was walking fine when my lower torso ached sharply and made me lose balance. I expected to fall on the hard ground or in feminine arms in case of Mito-san but the embrace was really familiar and at a time like this, most welcome.

"You really should rest when I tell you to." I would have rolled my eyes at Tobirama but he was right. He put his arm around my shoulder to steady me on my feet, I took this opportunity to hug him.

"I am glad you are not like him..." I didn't know I had said it out loud until I heard Tobirama's question to Mito-san.

"Is she ok? What happened?"

"Give her time, she will tell you herself."

Those were perhaps the last words I was able to hear properly because after it my ears were blocked by constant ringing and maybe I lost consciousness or just suffered memory loss because of the fever I woke into.

I told Tobirama everything that happened in the prison cell and how grateful I was for him. When I told him about the things I learned about my father, even without being able to sense chakra I could feel the shift in it.

"Maybe we should pay my father a visit..." I suggested putting my arm across Tobirama's stomach and putting my head on his chest. We were in bed.

"Yes I think it would be ideal, but get better first."

"I can hand-"

"Don't." I stopped. It was a foolish thing to say that I could handle it. "Things won't go as planned and there will definitely be a battle so you should be in top form. It's just another week, focus on recovering and I will send Tanogata a formal visit letter."

"Ugh another week in bed..."

"I will ask anija to give you some of the disgusting energy medicine balls, you know the big brown ones? Maybe it would speed up the process."

"I want to get better not sicker."

We both laughed and I silently prayed that we remained together like this. But maybe it was a big ask.

~

~

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment!

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^
~