Chapter 60

~

~Tobirama's POV~

She sat on the raised platform with her back to everyone, silent. Everyone was gathered in the old lady's cabin after a melancholy funeral a few days ago. When Niyo took the place, nobody objected and gave her space since she was the most devastated but it had been a few days now and still there was no response from my wife.

Hashirama was shocked to hear the news of Morino-baa's death and he was all the more worried for Niyo but nothing that any of us said made a difference to her. Even I did not know what was going on in her head.

"Niyo, you must rest." I spoke when yet again, everyone who had gathered in the cabin, left because Niyo won't answer or even turn to face us.

"I will only rest when I am dead." I sighed and walked to where she sat and sat beside her, shoulder to shoulder.

"At this rate, you will die pretty soon and I don't want that, so get up and come home."

"And leave everything as it is? Bacchan is gone, who is going to look after the girls here? If I leave what will happen to the forest? I need to stay and protect everyone." She was right and she was talking to me, finally so I had to keep her talking in hopes that she will somehow see a different side of reason and find another path.

"Why is it your job to protect everyone?"

"Bacchan died on their watch...who else but me to take the mantle?" She said with clenched teeth, eyes still facing the wall.

"Well, I talked to anija and we came up a plan. Will you hear it out?" She nodded so I continued. "Everyone here can join the village-"

"No! The forest is sacred to us!"

"I know anjia made the same proposition before, when he found out the forest's existence but you have to see that times are different now. If you agree with this plan, everyone will be safe inside the village and now that I am Hokage, I am putting an extra effort for security. You can watch over everyone from the premises of the village as well. What do you think is better, the exposed continuous threat of living in the forest or be in the village without any fear of life? I will support you in whichever you choose but please, think about the women and think this through." I stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"I know you need to think about this alone so summon me whenever you are ready." I handed Niyo the scroll that had my summoning inscriptions.

"Thank you." She looked up at me and smiled and although it was a half-smile, it was still progress.

~Niyo's POV~

"Ok so I called you all here to discuss something." I looked at the group of women senior among the rest.

"Finally she speaks!" I gave Miyori a look that shut her up.

"Tobirama has offered you all a safe life in Konoha. It is purely your decision to accept or not."

"What do you think we should do?" One of them asked.

I rubbed my eyes but stayed silent. If all the women here in the cabin agreed to move to Konoha, I would assist them but if they decided on staying then I would have to force them to go. It was better that they agreed on their own.

"We...we don't think we want to leave..."

"Yea, we all grew up here, I don't think we can leave so easily as you have said it." I just sighed and stood up.

"I won't be here the next time somebody infiltrates. I won't look after you because this is the life you have chosen. I won't come to help because this is not my life anymore. The forest was home because of bacchan and now that she's gone, I feel like burning the place to the ground, and I just might too. So, choose, wisely." I was calm but they were all scared, I don't know why.

They were all silently discussing among themselves for a few minutes until finally one of them raised their head and looked at me.

"What will happen to the forest once we leave the forest? What will happen to Shizuka and Bacchan's graves?"

"I will protect the graves and with Tobirama, we both will protect the forest. Don't worry about it."

"Then...there is nothing really for us here anymore...right?"

"Yes."

~

While all the women were relocating with the help of Hiruzen and the team, Tobirama and I went to the gravesite to pay our respects and to put up a barrier that won't allow anybody there.

I prayed for bacchan and for the strength that I would need to have if I want to make the women safe in Konoha and give them a new life, like bacchan had done for us. I knew it would not be easy but it was the only choice we had, the only choice that made sense. It did feel like we were abandoning the forest now that bacchan was gone but I had to comfort myself in the idea that in the forest, everybody would be exposed and vulnerable and that with the growing village, the women might be able to help build it for the better.

~

WATASHI GA KITAAAA!!!

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment!

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^
~