Chapter 29

~Tobirama's POV~

By the time the meeting with the elders in the Hokage's office concluded, the sky had almost turned dark and Anija and I had begun our walk back to the Senju compound. Anija was tired from making the elders see the point the Morinome needed constant protection since it was just outside the borders of Konoha but they were stubborn old people who did not want the military of the village divided on two fronts. I agreed with anija about the protection of the forest since it was not only a source of excellent medicinal herbs that we used all the time in the village but also that even though Niyo was more than enough to protect the entire forest on her own, the attacks by the Tanogata were becoming bold and harder for her to keep away from the village and so some military there would definitely be in the best interest of the village as well. When I had backing up anija's propositions, the elders saw reason to agree and therefore we were able to conclude the meeting without it being postponed and dragged out to the next day.

Anija was tired so he did not speak all the way and that left me to my own thoughts which were on the woman whom I had offered information about her clan. She must still be reading through the records but I didn't count on this thought for long since I didn't know how fast she could read or how she would be taking in the contents of the scrolls.

I clenched my fists remembering what was in the documents of the Tanogata clan and wondered why I let Niyo read through them. I knew firsthand that the information there was disturbing and I knew not what it would do to Niyo. I assumed that since she was always calm and collected – with the exception of the incident on the last mission of her outburst when excessively provoked – she would take it well but since it was regarding her clan, the information could be damaging. She was shunned at birth and now was being treated as an object by her clan so I had really no idea what she would behave like when the truth is revealed to her.

We both hurried home, well Anija really since he was usually hungry at this time and all the bickering with the elders had made him particularly famished. Once we were walking the halls of the compound, I started to sense a huge turbulent chakra and to make matters worse, it was coming from the study. I sighed and mentally cursed myself knowing whose chakra it was and why it was like that.

"Anija, you go ahead. I will join you in a moment." I told my brother and before he could register what I said and muster a response, I paced to the study. I was walking too fast and was blinded for a second by the intensity of madness in Niyo's chakra that I couldn't stop myself in time and collided with the person in question.

"I apologise for-" She started but I cut her off.

"Oh you were leaving? How about stay for dinner?" Her shoulders dropped and her eyes displayed an emotion of disbelief and shock. She opened her mouth and uttered my name in slightly above a whisper before squaring her shoulders and replacing her anxious look with a guarded one. For all the strength that she showed, her chakra was still going haywire and she looked really eager to leave. "I assume you have gone through all the documents."

"Y-yes I have and as much as I am grateful to you for letting me read them, I would like to leave now." Niyo was not filtering her thoughts to save face and I appreciated that; to speak one's mind without having it hindered by the heart is appreciable by me.

"And as much as I would like to respect your wishes and let you go, anija would have my head and scold it for months if I did let you go." She looked down and bit her lip. I understood that she must have wanted to be alone after reading such things about her clan and whose blood she had in her veins but a voice inside me told me to not let her go, putting aside and regardless of what my brother would say or do.

"...please..."

Two thoughts fought for dominance in my being; one, my brain, told me to let the woman be and not be bothered with her; two, my heart or whatever I had in its place, told me do something to calm Niyo down because in such a disturbed state, who knows what would happen. I closed my eyes to decide which to follow but when I opened them, I disregarded all rational thought process and pulled the woman in an embrace and infused some of my chakra in her to make hers settle down.

My sudden actions caused Niyo to stiffen and I felt all her muscles go on a 'full-alert' but I did not let her go and I had planned on not letting her go till she was calm. A few minutes passed and I was shocked at how much chakra I had to pore into Niyo's system to finally stabilize her and once that was done, the woman herself started to relax her muscles. What happened next shocked me more than self-betrayal of rational thought and action; Niyo brought her arms to my waist and pulled herself more in the embrace.

Words right now were useless and so we both kept the silence until I heard her sigh loudly followed by her pulling away. She had her head down so I couldn't really tell what emotions played on her face and in her eyes but since her chakra was stable, I thought it safe to assume that she had calmed down.

"Thank you... I needed that..." Her voice was slow but it was easily carried in the quiet corridor.

"Anytime." I spoke before I could register it in my brain and looked away when some blood started to rush to my face. I heard Niyo chuckle when she looked at me and shook her head. I cleared my throat before asking her my initial most question again, "stay for dinner?"

"I doubt I am allowed to answer with a negative." She answered sighing.

"Correct."

~

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^