Chapter 28

~

~Niyo's POV~

So here I was in the Senju compound again on Tobirama's invitation to go through some scrolls on my clan. I asked bacchan for permission before agreeing to this; I wanted her opinion on whether it would be wise to really get to know about my clan, I mean, I might find some weaknesses that I might be able to exploit the next time the Tanogata decide to attack but there could be some things I might be better off not knowing. Bacchan agreed to this and told me to take my time reading through every piece of information since I would be 'resting' as well as she put it.

I got to the compound near noon and was escorted to the study by Tobirama. We met Hashirama-sama in the hallways and he greeted me but made his leave after elbowing me in the arm while snickering quietly. Sometimes I thought whether he was really the right choice for the Hokage but then I remember all the instances of his bravery and kindness fit for a leader, like the time when the village was attacked by Uchiha Madara and the Kyubi; the whole forest would have been taken in the crossfire had it not been for Hashirama-sama to lead the battle away from any dwellings and civilization.

The study room was quite big and there was a door at the back that led to a storage which had all the scrolls and documents and books that were not of immediate use. Tobirama brought a handful of scrolls for me and placed them on the table.

"I have to go attend to some business with anija. Feel free to ask anything from the maids." He said leaning on the table.

"...ok... thank you."

Once I was alone in the study, I opened what I thought was the first scroll; they were all mixed up and had no labels as to which came first so I was really just reading them in whatever order I picked them up in.

The first one started with the information on chakra types that the Tanogata had. I didn't know my chakra type so maybe this would help. It was written that Tanogata could summon four of the five basic types of chakra, that is, fire, water, wind, and earth but there had only been a handful of instances of one person being able to summon all of these chakra. It was also written that when all these chakra are compressed together, it forms the kekkei genkai of the element of oil, which I had. I was surprised to know that the appearance of the kekkei genkai was neither voluntary not frequent and to this day only a small amount of Tanogata had been able to use oil. This element had great offensive as well as defensive power which had been detailed further in the scroll in the form of some jutsu but my focus right now was information on history and other such stuff and not ninjutsu techniques. There was another mention of the oil element that a person with this element could seldom summon another chakra type, which I found to be sort of disappointing since I was never able to have the chakra paper react to my chakra according the five basic elements which meant that I didn't have those chakra.

Two other scrolls were also on some ninjutsu and chakra release of oil and its great risks to the human vessel which I completely agreed to since I was almost always weak for weeks after using my kekkei genkai.

The next scroll I picked was rather thick and I knew it would have some important information and it did when I read the first paragraph of it. It was about the clan's history and such. While I read on about the Tanogata, I found that when Konoha was found, Hashirama-sama had sent invitation to various clans to join him in the peace treaty and Tanogata were one of them. From the first meeting they were nice but they demanded some security in peace matters which was understandable because other clans did so as well. The next thing struck me as odd though when I read that the Tanogata demanded women from other clans in the peace treaty in order to agree to it and after much negotiations, their demands were met in good faith. However, a few months had passed when the women given to them had died or some other brutality had left them barely alive, that the clan demanded 'new women' – I cringed at the usage of these words – to maintain the peace. There was an inquiry by Hashirama-sama when he had become hokage about the cuase of death and such but the Tanogata did not allow for any investigations to be held and such a behavior struck Hashirama-sama as fishy so the clan was refused any more 'new women.'

Once the refusal was formal and known to all, the Tanogata nulled the peace with Konoha and left. Everyone thought that was the end of it all but another month or two later there were murders in the village as revenge and it all clearly spelled Tanogata. The clan was warned and when everybody asked Hashirama-sama to take revenge as well, he chose the harder way of forgiving his enemies and made amends with his own honour and stature. I smiled reading this; Hashirama-sama had always been kind and his way of forgiving ended any chance for more carnage that would have undoubtedly taken place had he exacted justice on the Tanogata.

I was about to close that scroll when I spotted a battered piece stuck at the innermost layer, it read 'Private Note.' It was signed by Hashirama-sama so I deemed it worth a read and it was because it was about the deaths of the women. According to Hashirama-sama's observation, whenever the Tanogata visited with their women, the women were always heavily clothed and resisted any movement. There were also some reports of sounds of domestic violence late in the nights from the Tanogata compound which led to suspicion. The way the investigations were refused and even put down only confirmed that the Tanogata had either killed or injured their women badly enough for it be considered savagery. So when the demands were made of 'another donation' it was readily refused because Hashirama-sama considered himself the reason for the women's death and did not want any more to go through the same situation. One alliance less was favourable to him in comparison of putting innocent women in line of savagery and brutality.

My heart ached after having read this and I felt disgusted to have the blood of such murderers in my veins but I felt some peace that even though I was from the clan that caused great suffering to Konoha and Hashirama-sama personally, he always welcomed me as a sister, with warmth enough to fill my being with belonging. I also realized that because he had suffered at the hands of the Tanogata, Hashirama-sama had always helped me so the savages won't be able to take me back.

He was helping me escape a brutal fate all this time and I was being stubborn and unyielding but now I understood and so I would give some thought to my actions and reflect on them for the best possible solution.

Once I was done reading everything, I noticed the sun was about to set and so I thought I should make my leave before any of the two brothers should return and hold me in a commitment to stay for a meal or something. I hurriedly closed the scrolls, tied them properly and placed them where Tobirama had told me to when I got done reading them.

My heart was heavy from all the information I had absorbed in my brain and I needed some time to cope with it all so I wanted to make my leave as soon as possible but one foot of the door, I was blind in my need to leave that I collided with someone rather forcibly that it made my nose hurt.

"I apologise for-"

"Oh you were leaving? How about stay for dinner?" I dropped my shoulders in utter disbelief that the very people I was trying to get away from had somehow managed to be here with the offer that I was running to escape.

"Tobirama..."

~

Enjoy Reading~

Vote and Comment~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^