•three - research•

Justin

'Skye Rodriguez' I typed in the google search bar and took a sip of my beer. I decided to finally start my research. I need to know if that girl is trust worthy or not.

I found no social medias. No sites, no mentions by anyone but there were a shitload of news articles from years ago.

'The prodigy of the Rodriguez family' was the headline. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Prodigy? Skye?

I clicked on the link and a photo of hers popped. As per my guess, she must've been six or seven when the photo was taken. She had thick nerd glasses on and held a book in her hand while grinning at the camera.

I quit observing the photo and started reading the article.

"Skye Rodriguez, is a seven year old daughter of Marshall Rodriguez from North Carolina" Read the first line.

Marshall....I've heard that name from Ella couple of times.

"Her mother, passed away very unfortunately in a brutal accident when Skye was four years old. But we're sure that she's proud of her daughter, who, at the mere age of seven is able to solve high school math and knows all American History by heart, with that she is very interested in Literature and often spends her free time reading authors such as Shakesphere, George Orwell, Emily Bronte and F. Scott Fitzgerald to name some of her favorites. The IQ benchmark of a genius is considered to be 140, but little Skye scored a whole 164 on her IQ test, scoring 4 points more than Albert Einstein and Stephan Hawking who's IQ scores are estimated to be 160" I read and my eyes could't help but widen with surprise.

"The fuck?" I mumbled to myself.

"But that's not all, Skye is also a professional at horse riding and scores straight bull's eye in gun shooting and bow and arrow shooting. Young Skye sure does have a bright future." With that, the article ended.

What in the world is this girl doing in the middle of nowhere getting associated with gangsters, isn't she supposed to be lecturing in Harvard or something?

I took printouts of the article and read a couple more but they all said the same thing. No personal life detail at all. No further details on her at all.

"This is crazy"

I guess I should go and let her know what I've found out.

I didn't care to put on a t shirt as I left the room and knocked on Skye's door. She didn't open for quiet a couple seconds so I knocked again, louder this time.

"Coming!" I heard her shout from inside.

Seconds later, she opened up while fixing her white robe and securing it around her properly.

Her hair were up in a bun and the strands that escaped the bun were soaked, indicating that she just got out of the shower. And my eyes couldn't help but notice how the droplets of water slipped down her neck until they vanished in the valley of her breasts.

"Oh, wasn't expecting you" She said and snapped me out.

"What's it?" She asked.

"I found out some stuff about you" I said and her eyebrows raised.

"Wow, you did take your homework seriously. Well then, come in" She said and let me, I walked inside and looked around the room while she shut the door.

Its just been three days since she came her and she had already set up a bookshelf that covered the whole wall and was filled with novels, history books and biographies. So the article isn't lying.