•sixteen - regrets•

Justin

"Oh my God, you really said all that to her?!" Jayden almost yelled after I told him all the load of crap I said to Skye that day.

I sighed and rested my back against the backrest of the couch. He sat down beside me and I heard him sigh heavily.

The past week, everything has been really quiet. People have barely come to talk to me, I've barely talked with anyone. Skye has left without dropping even a single hint of where she might go or just even a single word. She's just gone.

And I've never missed anyone this much.

"Justin....how could you possibly say that to her? I mean even after she made you meet Pattie again? Forget that, have you realized how much you've improved after she came here? She helped you with your anxiety, your anger issues, you were the one who told me that Skye might be becoming a really good friend of yours" He said.

"I know Jayden, I know! I fucked up big time man and I just don't know how to....how to fix this" I trailed off, feeling the lump in my throat thicken.

"Where am I supposed to go find her? Or am I just supposed to sit here with this guilt?" I couldn't control how my voice cracked and I felt tears burn the back of my eyes.

"I-I really don't know why I said all that to her, She was really a good friend, despite of our physical relationship, she was one of the best friends I've ever had...a-and I just miss her so much bro" I said and wiped away the tears that dripped down my face.

"Oh my god, alright alright, listen, I'll try to track her down if I can okay? I did try last night but she's changed her number and stuff, it's gonna be hard but we'll find her okay?" He said and I nodded while wiping my tears before he hugged me.

I went back to my room after that and decided to do what I've been doing for the past days without Skye; sleep in all day.

_______

"Justin wake up man! Jay!" I heard Jayden's voice and and he shook me vigourously.

"What now" I groaned as my eyes fluttered open.

"I found Skye's new number!" He said making my eyes snap open and sat up quickly.

"What? Really?" I said and he nodded.

"Here, call her right away" He said and handed me his phone and we called the number and kept it on speaker.

I got nervous just a ring later and grew more nervous with every ring. The phone kept ringing on but she never picked up.

"Let's try again" He said and called again.

But inside, I've given up. I know she won't.

"Jayden, I don't think she might pi-

"Hello?" I stopped when she answered the phone.

"Hello?" She repeated.

"Say something" Jayden mouthed to me and I nodded nervously.

"S-Skye, it's me, Justin" I said and now I could only hear her breathing.

"Skye, look I know you're mad at me, but will you Jus-

"Don't call me again, I'm not going to answer" She said and her voice was followed by a long beep sound signalling that she had hung up.

"No!" I almost yelled.

Jayden hufffed loudly and kept the phone away. I buried my face in the palm of my hands.

"Don't give up just yet, I'll try to track this number, by the morning, I promise I will give you the number" He said and I nodded.