Chaper 1 : how I made it to America

Hi here is Red looking totally amazing

Red (POV)

3 years earlier...

As I looked out the window, the old pack house got smaller and smaller. I had finally gotten my perfect routine and this has wrecked it. I thought back to 2 weeks ago, when my parents dropped a massive bomb on me and told me we were moving. Not just countys though, no that would be too easy, we were moving to America. That had to be the worst day of my life, they hadn't even asked or told me in advance that they were thinking about it. My brother ,Tyler, had managed to stop me from having a panic attack but that didn't mean I was fine, I was far from it.

I had then taken to stay in my bedroom the whole weekend while I replan my routine. That peace was broken, just my luck, when I had to make breakfast, lunch and dinner for everyone being an omega and all. At that point I had managed to calm down and was able to reason with myself. I have autism so I plan everything I do, I absolutely hate when that routine is broken, many people never see that side of me though only my brother and my parents.

I know, I know many people in my position would give their right arm to go live in America but me I hated the idea. After the whole incident my parents managed to get me on board with the idea because it meant that I could go to the high school of my dreams ,Harrington high. It's not meant for omegas but I got 100% on the test for a scholarship, so they couldn't say no.

I hadn't made any strings in secondary school so it wasn't hard saying goodbye. The only friend I did manage to make moved in year 8 and I never did get the hang of making new friends. Now the only friend I have is my brother and he's very protective of me as I'm the only omega in the family but that's a story for another time.

We quickly arrived at the airport, I love planes I have an obsession about them. They are just amazing. I was quickly brought out of my thoughts as my brother ruffled my long blond hair and smiled, it calms me down a little as we go to check in. The lady at the check in desk stared at us, I quickly averted my eyes, I hate being stared at its unnerving. She then told us to go through security.

"Dad can we stop a minute, I need to just say goodbye to England as technically, we won't be on British soil once we go through security?" I asked with a massive explanation like normal. He and my Mum, both shot me goofy grins and laughed.

"Of course son, take as much time as you need we understand how hard it is for you and we are so proud of you for taking it so well Red," Dad said while touching his growing beard. As I stood there I wafted my arms indicating I wanted a group hug. Tyler was the first to go in but was soon followed by by my parents.

"Aww is little Red getting emotional," Tyler mockingly cooed, I knew he was joking as the smile on his face was massive and he went into ruffling my hair again for reassurance. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to style my hair.

"I love you guys, you're the best family any one could ask for" I exclaimed as my mother started to tear up and hugged a bit tighter.

"We love you too Red" mum said endearingly, as we untangled ourselves from each other. We then picked up our hand luggage and made our way to security. This is where I tensed up from what I've read about airport security they always stare at you like your a terrorist. Luckily for me because I had practiced with my brother and some others in the pack.

"Dawn do you think we will be ok ?"

Yes Red you've practiced this and if it goes wrong or you get too nervous I will sense it and take over for you

"You would do that for me , you're the best"

Just because I'm a wolf does not mean I don't care you're my main priority buddy and obviously when we get a mate it will be a joint effort to care for you

"Dawn you're going to make me cry "

Don't you'll mess your face up and stop talking to me now and concentrate. We are nearly at the front of the queue.

"Thank you for the confidence Dawn I don't know what I'd do without you"

I smiled as Tyler nudged to get my attention as he pointed out the tray to put my things in. It was intimidating but I managed to do get my things in without a slip up. I stepped forward as the security person told me to go through the metal detector, I panicked a little but reassured my self and stepped through it. The light went green and the small wait, which felt agonisingly long, was over and I swiftly went to get my things. I saw my parents wave at me so I went over to them and we waited to Tyler to finish.

After the debacle of security we finally made it through to the heart of the airport and my mum had given me and Tyler money to buy things from the airport. So we went together so I can clutch onto his shirt when there are too many people. Another aspect of my autism, I don't like crowds. We went into many different shops I bought a new pair of ripped jeans, a leather black jacket , some pride converse and a new vans backpack.

Tyler bought some new hoodies and one of the Jane Austen books pride and prejudice, that must be for me because he doesn't like romance with underlying themes. We then make our way back through the crowd to find our parents.

The time went to quickly for me as we were getting ready to board the plane. I found out that we were going first class which was so amazing to think about. I shot a glance towards my parents, who smiled at me. After a long time, it was our time to board and we showed our passports and boarding passes to the man at the desk and told us to follow the path.

As we enter the plane, I was in awe as we were shown our seats, more like beds. Dawn yipped in happiness as he saw the fluffy pillow. Dad smirked at me as we sat down because of how happy I was. It was soon time for the flight to leave as the safety message came up on the TVs . I felt us slowly moving towards the runway. I quickly grabbed Tyler's hand as the engine started to make more and more noises.

We started going down the runway and sped up for take off. Soon we were in the air and starting the accent. My mind went to how things were going to be when we touch down. After we got our inflight meal with my coke and ice, I soon went to sleep it was too comfortable to miss the opportunity.

------------------------

I hope you guys liked the chapter it's more so you can get an idea of what Red is like. Don't worry it gets better. By the way some of the things I say are because I'm from the UK so if there is anything you don't get, don't hesitate to comment.

Fun question: what would you name your boat if you had one.

I think it has to be Kaname after vampire knight.

Please comment, vote and share I like to know what other people think.