chapter 20: wolfsbane

This chapter is dedicated to: angeleyesgrn

Red (POV)

I couldn't reject him. I promised Dawn, so I now I have to work with my mate. The kiss even if it was only in the top of my head was magical. It meant that he respected me as a person, who has human feelings.

As I stood there in his embrace I felt like something was missing but I shook it off. I looked into his eyes to see them clouded by two emotions guilt and happiness. After an appropriate time, we disengaged from our hug.

"I just want to know why?" I asked hoping he would give me an honest answer.

"It's complicated, I felt that if I were mated to you a male and an omega that I would be looked down upon in the pack and maybe they would want another alpha," he said "then I got to know you better and realised that you weren't the villain my mother painted you to be."

In theory that made sense but I wasn't exactly sold on his words. I probably should have phrased my question a bit differently.

"I'm not looking for a back story I just want to know why you had sex with Ambrosia when you knew it was causing me tingles by the way if you do that now I won't just feel tingles but immense pain and I ... can't imagine that," I said looking at Phoenix with a very serious face.

"Because I announced her to be my mate, we had sex to prove it and then I marked her," he replied and I was furious. At that point I didn't care who was listening or anything. I've dreamed of my mate for years, yep years, and then my real mate goes and marks someone else really? Would you be happy if that happened to you?

"I'll ask one last question before I murder you," I said and he looked afraid, well he should have thought about that sooner. "Where did you mark her?"

He then looked confused if it where I think it is I don't know what I'll do.

"On the shoulder, why?" He asked but I was already out the door. I hate myself. Why hadn't I seen this coming? As I calmed myself down I felt two arms wrap themselves around me.

"It's ok little Red, I heard everything I'm so sorry, I'm sorry about your birthday, about you being alone and about your mate," Tyler said. He took one of his hands and ruffled my head.

"You probably heard what I first said but I don't want to become Yin Lihua from that Chinese drama she had to give up everything and then there was some inner palace politics and boom," I said.

"Shh Red it's ok, come on follow me, let's get out of here," Tyler said.

We hurried back to mum and dad, to say good bye. Then he took me to my bike and we both got on. As we accelerated he mindlinked to go back to the dorms. When we got there Tyler called my motorcycle a death trap. The lift was blearing out it's usual music.

As we got to the top I was a little nervous, the only thing I didn't want was to come back to an empty room. Surprisingly Dawn had stayed quiet most of the day which worried me a bit.
As we entered the room was quiet and lit.

"SURPRISE!" A load of voices shouted. When I reopened my eyes there they were all my friends, their mates and a bunch of people I had seen around the dorms. I was quickly ambushed the menacing trio and Jax. Pulled into one of the tightest group hugs ever, I heard Alistair talking into my ear.

"I'm really sorry Red, Tyler said your birthday was tomorrow and I wouldn't have gone out if I would have known Jax would have left you all alone I'm a bad friend," he said and I felt like I wanted to cry. He wasn't a bad friend, he was there when many other people weren't.

"It's ok koala, I'll admit that this morning it stung a little but it's all good," I replied with a small smile "anyway we've got a party to start."

I looked around our dorm room it was amazing. There was a pile of cards on one table and a big massive pile of presents on the other. I was feeling a bit hungry after my run in with Phoenix. Jax picked up on that and led me to the kitchen.

"I'm makin' big mac tater tots I know that you like them as there in your saved recipes I know they ain't party food but," he said showing me what he had done.

"It looks great," I said taking the plate. There was some music playing but all my concentration was on Jax's food. I was amazing almost as good as mine. Almost. After I was done Rose dragged me to where everyone was dancing and letting go. She handed me a drink and it smelt a little bit different.

"What's in the drink?" I asked loud enough so she could hear me.

"The last time we had a party you really seemed to want to get drunk properly so I've come up with answer," she said making her eyes light up. "Wolfsbane."

"Are you serious if a normal person drinks that we're doomed," I said a bit panicked.

"Calm down this is the only cup with it in and it's for you, happy birthday Red," she said as she handed me the cup. I eyed it in the glass wolfsbane mixed with any normal alcohol is deadly to humans but to me it just makes me drunk. Like properly drunk.

I decided to down the lot. Not like I didn't need it after the day I had. I went from normal to feeling amazing. It was like I was floating. I felt Rose dancing next to me so I joined her properly. I probably looked like a weirdo but I didn't care. There was a loud cheer and I felt people looking at me. For once it didn't bother me. Thank you to the magic of alcohol.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a short chapter but there are many reasons which you will understand later.

I just want to thank all the people who read this book even though there might be a few mistakes here and there.

Odd choice of music but you know what in a strange way it works.