Chapter 26: What am I?

Red (POV)

I soon started to get a note a day and each scarier than the last. Apollo helped me through the whole of the term and gave me extra lessons. Rose's birthday was great we went to the cinema as to her request not to have another party. I was soon noticing the cracks in Alistair's and Jason's relationship. After my birthday they decided to mate and Alistair seemed so happy. Then after that it started to go down hill. Alistair was slowly starting to open up only to have Jason close him again. It got to the point where they were arguing most days. Alistair reverted back to the person I first met and got back into underground fighting.

It was coming up to the end of the year and I was just excited for my trip to Korea. Phoenix had been nothing but a good mate - in secret anyway. He took me to this lake and we ate different foods. It was a pretty healthy relationship unless you count that he was still with Ambrosia. I'll probably need counselling after this so I don't believe that I'll always be second best. Honestly we had kissed and Dawn wanted to take it to the next level.

I woke up in my cage of arms between Alistair and Jax quite excited. A new video game was coming out. It was one of those MMORPGs and it had one of the best character customisation. I had pre ordered it and it was coming that day. After the battle of the arms, I managed to get out of bed to have a shower. My hair was now much longer as I now considered myself elvish. Plus Phoenix would always comb his hand through it and it felt magical.

I decided to put on a plain white tee with a navy sweatshirt, some jeans and white converse. As I looked out the window I noticed it was quite sunny so I took off the sweatshirt. I went straight to the kitchen and started to cook Alistair's favourite breakfast as last night he came home looking like a ghost. He wouldn't explain what was wrong with him. The first to wake up was Jax, he had grown more protective over me since my birthday.

"Mornin' something smells good," Jax said. It was normally like this as both Jax and I always woke up early.

"It's just sausage cobs or as you call them a sausage roll," I said, I had to specially order in sausages from an online shop since they just don't exist in America and I'm not talking about hot dogs either. The first time I introduced Alistair to them he loved them and now have become his favourite. I got the trey out the oven and turned them over.

"Are you trying to make Alistair happy?" Jax asked as he sat down at the breakfast bar. I nodded and told him that something was wrong with Alistair. That was when Alistair made his was out of the bedroom.

"Hey koala," I said as he made his way over to the kitchen. He looked more tired than yesterday.

"Hey bear, morning Jax you made my favourite for breakfast did I really look that bad last night?" He asked and then it was Jax's turn to reply.

"Yes he's been really worried all morning now tell us," he said cutting straight to the point. I gave him a glare as I didn't want Alistair to get angry with us.

"I've decided to find a girlfriend," he said and both Jax and I looked at each other surprised. I passed him his sandwich and sat down myself. I wonder what happened? "I've had enough of it and I'm at my limit if he wants someone else he can."

I didn't know what to say. I could tell my friend was in pain and I couldn't help.

"What happened yesterday?" I accidentally asked as it slipped out of my mouth. I didn't mean to be so blunt I just wanted to some how be of help.

"He was talking to some girl ,Stacie, and they kissed fucking kissed and I knew he knew I was in ear shot and said he was glad I was nowhere near," he said it was almost emotionless apart from the occasional swear. " no you know what I don't care I'm going to be best fucking fighter in the world you'll be there bear won't you?"