Chapter 29: I'm never letting him go

Phoenix (POV)

I can't really remember what happened between Red telling me what happened and me getting our friends to help out. I knew that my best option was to go to Jax first, I may be mafia but all my gear bar one semi-automatic pistol was in the pack house. That gun was my safety net.

Then we all grouped up behind the school while Jax masked our scents with some spray. Alistair wanted to go in and kill all of them but Jax told us to stick to the plan. We waited while some guy talked to Red he had an air to him that unsettled me. There was constant communication between all of us apart from Alistair and Jason. I gave the signal when Red called for help. The feeling of killing felt natural. With each kill I felt myself liking it.

I saw Raphael smirk in my direct and we continued to take out the guards. During that time I felt my connection change a bit which was weird but I knew he was alright. That's when I heard bomb being shouted through the mind link. My first thought was that it couldn't have been a bomb it wouldn't make sense.

"SHIFT!" I shouted so the others could hear me. Thanks to the training Jason, Raphael and I got, I knew sleeping gas wouldn't effect us as long as you were in wolf form but not many people knew that. Certainly Red wouldn't. That's when I saw the man pick Red up and carry him like a baby. This is when I bounded towards Red and his captor. I couldn't see his face properly because of the mask and he had no scent on him.

I went to lunge at him but he pulled a gun out and put it to Red's head. I it, it was at that moment I felt helpless. If I didn't attack he would take Red and if I did he'd die. Why is my life so fuckin' hard.

"Naughty, naughty did you really I wouldn't have a back up plan," the mysterious man said with strange voice. I growled at him. Artemis hated the fact his mate was in the arms of someone that wasn't us. The man chucked as he knew we couldn't do anything. That's when I saw two brownie orange wolves come up from behind and jumped at the man. He dropped the gun and I managed to get it with my mouth.

"Phoenix you might want to run there's a red dot on your forehead don't worry Jax is going to try get the fucker to the floor without hurting Red," Raphael mind linked and not a moment to soon. As I ran I heard a bullet fly by my ear with only inches to spare. Then all too quickly a white wolf which must have been Jax. He made a growl that made even me slightly afraid of him. It made me glad he was our side and not the enemy. I felt the presence of my beta and gamma as we dogged the onslaught of bullets being shot at us from different directions. We were seriously out numbered even when managed to take out many of the bodyguards.

My left side got shot and I knew I had to keep going. The adrenaline kicked it as I changed back into my human form not caring about how I looked as the smoke cleared. The gun dropped into my hand and managed to get back to my mate and his captor who even though he had Red in his arms still kept Jax off of him with a knife.

"Just let me have my mate!" I shouted as I got madder and madder. This time he held the knife and plunged it into Red.

"If you don't let me go now I'll let him bleed out the knife is special and only let's me touch it so let me go," he said and I didn't know what to do. My mate was in a coma and he was dying. I felt like I was slowly dying myself. I told Artemis to stay with Dawn and Alpha wolves can do that and gave me a way to track the motherfucker.

With one swift movement I called a retreat and left my mate in the hands of the enemy. Now I knew I had to find and quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello 👋 sorry I haven't posted in two weeks but I've had some family issues and it's been a bit sad.

Also sorry about the early post my dog decided to publish it. Honestly no joke there.

Also comment what you think about this chapter looking forward to the next chapter however it's going to be epic. Sorry if the action wasn't up to standard I tried really hard to set a pace with this one.

Vote,Comment and share.
^_^