37: Getting to grips with life again

Red (POV)

Seeing Jax again after such a long time was amazing. At least I wouldn't be alone in this unknown world. Everything looked so new and interesting. God how long has this amnesia lasted. It was like I was a completely different person. I still had the essence of Red but I wasn't completely all there.

"So Jax when do we go home?" I asked hoping to get out this boring place.

"You've only just woken up and I'm the only one you've actually really spoken to," Jax replied as he shuffled the deck of cards "I'm pretty sure your friends are worried about you and also you surly want to stick around for that mate of yours."

I felt no attachment to the place and I didn't exactly care who wanted to see me. For all I care they could disappear into nothing because I'm pretty sure from the way that stupid mate was acting things haven't been great.

"Plus there are two people out there that you need to be properly introduced to," Jax continued as he reshuffled the deck of cards. I could still beat him handedly in poker his tell always gave him away. I told him that he could go get them after we had a one final game. As he left I sat in the bed wondering who I became I didn't remember anything at the time and I just hoped I wasn't some uninteresting kid.

Then after what felt like hours in a lifeless room, Jax brought in the people he wanted me to meet. I vaguely remember both of them from my escape. The male with the extensive tattoos and the girl with the inquisitive eyes. I had to wonder why Jax had brought them to me.

"Red I can't believe you're awake so soon, I'm so glad you ain't dead," the boy exclaimed as the three of them drew closer to my bed. There was something strange about how Dawn was acting to them.

"What's wrong?" I asked

You should remember them because I do now. They are your slaves to put it nicely.

"You are joking right, well if they're my slaves I'll be a great friend to them," I replied wishing he was wrong. Then all of a sudden it hit me that he wasn't wrong but I knew I never treated them like slaves though and I knew I never would.

"How did you know?" I asked Dawn another question

For some reason the memories were sealed but their wolves belong to me because of some sort of binding spell. It can't be undone from all my new memories.

I then came out of my trance and for some reason I hugged the tattoo guy. I knew I remembered them but not their names. I also knew Jax would never have met them until my parents died.

"My lord do you remember us?" The girl asked and it some what shocked me. Why was I the only one shrouded by darkness. I hesitantly nodded.

"I don't remember names though," I explained and then the guy with the tattoo started to look sad and solemn.

"Master, my name is Alistair and that over ther," he said as he pointed to the girl "is my twin sister Grace, I'm so fucking sorry that this happened but I'm gonna find the bastards who did this."

I smiled at his outburst he sort of reminded me of a mother bear and I quite liked that. The twins were staring at me and it gave me a chance to look at them properly. They both had fair skin and brown hair. The obvious difference was Alistair's tattoos but Grace had one of those Auras that was mysterious and full of murder. How many people has she actually killed. Don't get me wrong Alistair had an aura of a killer and both made me excited. Once I leave this place Alistair, Grace, Jax and I were going to go back to ruling people. People can go back to fearing my families name.

"So how long do I have to stay here?" I asked it was the only question that burned my mind. The twins also reminded me of pets that I wanted to keep safe and stroke the top of their heads.

"You can't leave my lord," Grace replied and at that moment all I could see was anger. "You signed a contract at the when you got in stating you have to finish your academic year here it's all legally binding."

'Wow the school I go to is smart' I thought. If that wasn't true I have found all my things and started to pack. Grace then sat on my bed and took my hand. She then started to stroke the top of her head. How did she know I wanted that?

"I do have to tell you something though my lord," Alistair said and by this point was also sitting on my bed if not laying next to me "we both have mates even if my mate is a jackass."

'Oh lovely, I always knew mates would eventually wreck everything for me' as this was happening a nurse came in and said that the doctor is making his rounds soon.

"Does you Jax have a mate yet or am I going to be surprised?"

"Non, One night stands here and there," he said and I shook my head. "niente di più." (Nothing more)

The room was a steady quiet until the doctor came it. He was a tall man and his black hair was done in a man bun. He checked my vitals and for some reason he felt safe.

"Well Red, as long as you survive the night here you should be able to leave for an omega you heal significantly fast," he said with a smile "I do suggest you try walking around though."

The man's smile was sad and it didn't quite reach his eyes. As he left I swung my legs of the bed. Then a female wearing a doctors outfit came in and looked somewhat shocked.

"What are you doing?!" She asked as she ran towards us. Jax took my hand and I stood up.

"I think it's a little obvious but who are you?" I asked the question this time.

"I'm the pack doctor Erin I'm here doing my rounds," she explained.

"Fuck, no wonder he didn't familiar," Alistair said "we just had a doctor come in."

"I didn't see anyone leave," Erin said "well he was right though as I'm guessing he's the one who told you to start to try and walk."

Jax and I exchanged looks and I was just as confused as he was. Alistair swore a couple of times which I found quite funny. Grace decided to take my hand and guide me slowly round the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I've been working on this chapter for a while and it didn't feel right but I think I've got it going in the direction I want it to.

Sorry if it was slightly boring but this chapter was to explain things. Also next chapter will be much quicker paced.

Thank you for reading this chapter though and I hope it made sense.

Vote,comment and share
^_^