Chapter 32: sorting things out

Dawn (POV)

Oh my God, what did I do. I couldn't believe I swore at Red and freaked him out enough to force a swap. I hadn't meant to snap at him, we're meant to provide strength to each other and I only lowered his self esteem. I knew I was growing weaker from the absence of my mate but I couldn't let him bite Red. He hasn't shown how much he cared for us at all and I didn't really trust him. As long as he didn't screw up rescuing us he could bite and mate with Red as much as his little heart desired. All I care about was the safety of my human.

The room was then engulfed in a blinding light as a figure made their way towards me. I squinted trying to see who was walking towards me. As my eyes finally ajusted to I saw it the creep. He gave me a smile which sent shivers down my spine.

"How are you liking it here?" He asked sarcastically. I wanted to rip his throat out but I knew I couldn't shift due to the silver handcuffs.

"Well I can't give it a five star review if that's what your after," I replied getting a chuckle from him.

" That's your own fault pet, I've got to recondition you to see my way of things before I can let you out of here and by my side," he said angrily. My fault? 'How the fuck is it my fault' I thought. I just wanted to know who got stuck with this creep as a mate and why they weren't with him now. I hated the fact that this Zander had so much power over us.

"Anyway until you become the way you used to be you can't leave this room not that I'm fucking complaining but I want to show you off." He said as he ruffled my hair. I felt violated by the simple act. Then there was a knock on the door and a petit lady came through. She had long curly brown hair and it covered one eye. The lady had rolled in a food trolley, she looked towards Zander but when nothing was said she left as quickly as she came. Zander then got up from the chair he was residing at and brought the food closer.

"I'm not eating anything unless you do," I said so that I could be prepared if they had spiked the food. His features then turned to displeasure.

"Of course not you fucking whore we are going to eat together!" He shouted at me and I was at that point glad Red wasn't witnessing any of this. Zander then got closer to me and slapped me. The sting was hurting my face and as I tried to calm it down Zander gave me a smug grin and went back to whatever he was doing. I was pretty sure that a violent red mark was adorning my face. Zander then moved his chair from the side of my stingy bed to the table in the middle of the room. I was then beckoned to sit with him. It was at this point I was truly scared scared of what would happen to me.

"So what's on the menu then?" I asked trying to spark up some courage. He continued to move dishes on to the table and I was faced with silence. The guy definitely had split personality.

"Well my little Red we have since you missed lunch and you have no clue on the current time we have slow cooked brisket, some fries and for desert key lime pie," he said with a smile. "Start eating then otherwise it'll be cold."

He started to eat a bit of his then took a chip from my plate. If I wasn't here and not scared out my mind I wouldn't mind they guys company.

Dawn I have to go back to Phoenix. Be safe my love. Nothing dangerous.

Yes mother. I won't do anything you wouldn't. Promise. Bye Artemis.

I must have glazed over because the overlord Zander was gesturing towards my food telling me to eat. Picked up my knife and fork and tried the brisket. It wasn't bad granted it wasn't as good as Red's cooking but it's still good.

"Do you like it?" Zander asked after he swallowed what he had ate. I nodded content with the food my body desperately needed. "Good keep eating my little Red."

Something was happening to my muscles and I was slowly shutting down.

"Did you think I wouldn't notice wolf my Red has red eyes ironic right his parents must have been on drugs or something," he said giving me one of those smiles that makes you shiver to the bone. It looked I was out matched.
"It was nice meeting you Dawn."

Wait, how did he know my name I thought and blacked out.

Red (POV)

I opened my eyes and the light burned them.

"Argh!" I screamed "My eyes can't take the light."

I then heard laughing in front of me and I was confused on to how any of this was funny.

"Don't worry my little Red I'm not angry with you for your stunt I'm just going to brainwash you," Zander's voice rang through my head.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I apologize for not updating for so long but I've recently got some inspiration so expect a chapter soon.

I hope you guys still like reading the book. I chose the bit of music because it fits the chapter. I think writing for Dawn is quite cool because he is quite sarcastic. Anyway please tell me what you thought of this chapter.

Thank you for reading
Vote, comment and share ^_^