Chapter 22: How did I not notice?

There will be a lot of swearing in this chapter as Alistair is a compulsive swearer it's more prevalent when he is stressed or worried.

This chapter is dedicated to: PeaceYo2

Alistair (POV)

"Why is Red drunk from wolfsbane and how long has he been self-harming for?" Phoenix asked more like shouted. Red was self-harming? How the fuck did I not notice?

My one job was to protect him and I blew it. Don't get me wrong the guy is my best friend and I don't want another one but at first I was a servant. Shit. I'm the worst friend ever.

"Well is anyone going to answer?" Phoenix asked angrily. He knew none of us knew about it. I don't understand why he's angry at us, he didn't know about it either.

"Calm down pancake I'm sure you shouting at them won't help at all," my mate Jason said. Then we all heard crying coming from the left and it was Rose.

"I-I'm sorry... this is M-my fault," she choked. Her face now brimming with tears and her make-up messed up. "Last party he w-was look-ing for a way to g-get drunk so I f-found a guy wh-o sold wolfsbane."

"And at any time, did you think to stop at any point to think that something might be wrong with Red?" Phoenix asked "no of course you didn't otherwise we wouldn't be here now."

With that Rose started to sob even harder. Grace tried to comfort her with the help of her mate. I looked back over to Phoenix and saw his eye's changing colours.

"Now if you don't mind my wolf wants to be with his mate and so do I," he said and we all stood there shocked "yes Red is my mate if you tell anyone I will personally kill all of you bar Jason and Raphael."

With that he went back into the bedroom. I turned towards my mate who was as equally confused. My mind was all over the place as I tried to put together what Phoenix had just said.

"That dickhead I know for a fact he's he sleeping with Ambrosia!" Tyler exclaimed and hit the breakfast bar with his fist. Raphael was trying to calm him down.

"Did you guys know about this?" I asked towards Raphael and Jason. Looking towards Jason I saw hurt in his eyes.

"No other wise we would have never had been so nice to Ambrosia," Jason said not looking up. I knew there was more to the story but I wasn't going to push it. The silence filled the room and it was a bit unnerving. Then I had a light bulb moment.

"What I want to know is how Red managed to get a fucking silver blade without me or Mr mafia man over there realising," I said as only pure silver blades can leave flesh wounds that leave marks. I heard a sigh coming from Jax's direction.

"That would be my fault," he said hanging his head in shame. At this point I wanted to strangle the mother fückeř  but I needed to hear him out. "You see during training we were workin' on blades and he asked if he could keep it so he could carry on practicin' I never knew this would happen."

Suddenly, there was another loud thump on the table. This time Raphael had Tyler restrained so he wouldn't kill Jax. Rose's sobbing had gotten louder and I couldn't really hear myself think.

"Will you all stop fucking pointing the finger at each other we are all to blame as none of us noticed that our best friend was slowly trying to kill him self!" I shouted so that everyone would just stop talking "Hell we even forgot his fucking birthday when he went all out for ours and he will probably go above and beyond for Rose's."