chapter 8: Breaking

The science and maths building

Dawn (POV)

I let Red relax in the back of our mind. I've never seen him like this before it unsettling. Sometimes I wish I could show everyone my true powers but if I did that not only would the power be abused but at this age Red might die. If I could I would kill that asshole Phoenix, who does he think he is?

I then got up from the corner that Red had found and put on the ray bans. Even I don't like the sunlight. As I walked towards the next class, Tyler ran up to me.

"Are you ok, I should have done something to stop them, aahhh I'm so useless!" He shouted " I wanted to follow you, but Alistair said not to as you needed time to calm down"

I think I'm even starting to like this Alistair kid. He seems quite trustworthy to me, so I'll see what happens down the line. Maybe he could even a good friend to Red.

"I'm fine Tyler, as Alistair said I just needed time to collect my thoughts and before you ask the person you're talking to is Dawn plus tell Mars I said hi, I missed my best friend," I said giving him a giant smile. As we slowly walked through the campus we were caught up by the three amigos. Rose apologised to me many times for being so scared. I took the opportunity to thank Alistair for protecting me. For it only being the first day I can tell Red has made some great friends, who will stick by him no matter what.

The remainder of lunch went smoothly, I was still quite hungry but I remembered that Red had put some Oreos in the rucksack so I had one and shared them around the group. Soon after Alistair had to make his way to the English block so he left us and I found out that Rose and Grace both had Physics so we were all heading the same way. The conversation went on to how Grace's shopping experience went. It was quite funny.

We then reached the building and all went our separate ways, I swear if anyone does anything in this class there will be hell to pay. As I entered the classroom, Phoenix was ravishing Ambrosia's neck, she's such a slut. I looked around and saw the smirks etched on my 'classmates' faces through the tint of my sunglasses this must have for what happened to Red at lunch. What I'm not about to give us away, remember I have pink eyes while Red has red eyes. I also feel so angry towards that Lydia girl she humiliated Red which is something I won't tolerate, I'll get pay back one day. Soon the teacher greeted me and told me to sit in the spare seat next to Phoenix. Great.

'Mr Winter if you would please take off the sunglasses in my class I would be much obliged," the teacher said trying to use his higher place in the pack to make me do what he said. I heard a small giggle from Ambrosia. I might be an omega but at least I'm not normal. The thought of obeying his words was unnerving.

"You see sir that's not going to work, I don't see a problem with my sunglasses they aren't distracting anyone unlike the whores next to me!" I shouted, the teachers face shocked and I heard a low growl from next to me, must have been Phoenix. I felt Red's presence near the front of our mind. He was crying, I felt really bad.

" Dawn did you have to do that, you know how I feel about swearing it reminds me of that time between my parents dying and being taken in by the Thorns"

It's ok Red please stop crying about things you can't change remember think logically. I needed to show them that we can stand up for ourselves. Plus my little human, Tyler will be so proud of us for this.

"Ok Dawn I'll go back to sleep now and also I promise not to cry about things that can't be changed, if you can't go through the whole day just say and we will do a swap," Red said and soon I once again heard his comforting snores in the back of my head. I quickly felt Phoenix's eyes burning the side of my face. He looked like he was fighting the Alpha wolf inside of him. The teacher had given up the argument and started teaching his lesson. Maths for me is so easy, he was teaching us about simultaneous equations. For being a wolf I'm very smart and can fully take over Red's human body without going feral. That's supposed to be something only Alphas can do.