chapter 7: One lunch I'll never forget

For this chapter I suggest you put the music on it really fits. Obviously you don't have to but it will enhance the character.

(Red POV)

When class ended, I was filled with a undeniable feeling of dread. I let the smutty couple leave and gave myself some time to breath before setting off to find the cafeteria. On my quest, I was engulfed in a massive hug and to my surprise it was Tyler. Also to add to my shock, I saw the oh so mysterious Alistair. They must have really wanted to have lunch with me because from what I could remember the maths building is on the other side of the campus.

"If you're done are we have gotta get going because I ain't missing the good food on the account of you fools," Alistair said with a classic smirk. With that, I was dragged towards the cafeteria, the source of my panic. Tyler asked if I was ok but I told him I was fine and to keep going. The only thing I was worried about was seeing the sexy god himself Phoenix. Really sexy what am I thinking?

I don't know I've been asking myself that for years now dawn piped up

"Dawn did I not block you out of that thought?" I asked genuinely curious

Oh little human You can't block me out of your thoughts ever I'm always listening Red even when you think you've blocked me I'm too powerful for that

"Really Dawn you know everything how come I never knew this before honestly you're so annoying you always tell me things at the last minute" I said, I believe Dawn was hoping I would swear but you have to get me really angry for me to even mutter a swear.

That is because my little human you... never... asked and I wasn't trying to make you swear I know how much it hurts you.

"Well thanks Dawn at least I know you have my back when things are really bad" I said sincerely. I was drawn from my thoughts as I was being prodded by Tyler.

"Sorry I prodded you it's just we are here and you were out of it, little Red," he said making me slightly embarrassed. The place was on 4 different levels one for each year. We then went up the stairs to our level, we the reached the the place of my dread. The cafeteria.

My eyes were drawn to how different the lay out of place was. It looked like I walked into a open plan restaurant not a high school cafeteria. There was a buffet style lunch towards the back. The scents of the different foods wafted to my nose. It was heaven on earth. Alistair gave me yet another small smirk and I soon noticed that people sat with their own type. Their cliques.

The cliques in the school were also slightly different from normal because of the sheet you have to fill in to get in the school about your parents occupation. New money and nobody's being at the bottom ,then you have the sons and daughters of ministers, politicians and presidents of law firms ,after that comes the kids who inherit stock-shares they don't actually participate in management but are already major shareholders and finally but not least the highest class in the hierarchy is the management succession group or in more simple terms sons and daughters of conglomerate families or old money. Technically Tyler and I are in the highest class but that's also a story for another time. Don't ask me how how the whole school finds this out. Personally I have a theory that they have spies everywhere but that's not been proven yet. Also not to mention most of the people here are werewolves whose parents have had money for generations.

(Play music)

I felt stares coming at me from all different directions. I wanted them to stop , no needed them to stop I was going to break down.

"Alright kids you've had your look now stop," Alistair bellowed. I gave him a grateful look as we followed him to where his sister was sitting. She was sitting with another girl who must have been someone I missed out at homeroom. As I looked around, I saw two empty tables.

"Aww he's so cute when he's thinking, can we keep him, oh yea by the way this is Rose my bestie for life" Grace said while I shook Rose's small hand. "So how was the first couple of lessons, did ya like it?" She asked

"The teachers are alright but so far I've been in every class sitting next to Phoenix and his girlfriend plastered to his lap as they snog and it's slightly distracting," I said "but I've taken psychology and that was really good it's more my obsession than anything"

She looked at me shocked. Did I do something? Was it weird? She then said that normally nobody takes psychology unless forced to and that was why she was surprised I actually liked it. The room had some what calmed as Tyler went to get his lunch. As I stood up to get mine that was when the unthinkable happened.

They walked in. My face went sour. Seeing Phoenix and his friend properly made me quite scared. They were a large group consisting of Phoenix and his girlfriend Ambrosia, her friends and then Jason and Raphael. Phoenix then saw me and his eyes went black with rage. I got to the cafeteria first, so how am I in the wrong? They marched towards our table and that was when I heard growling coming from my left.

"Why don't you back off and leave my friends alone!" Alistair shouted. His face was void of emotion, his eyes glazed over and his whole aura dramatically changed. Raphael then looked confused and went to say something before Phoenix held him back. Rose looked very frightened by what was happening, from what I could tell she was shaking she mustn't like arguments.

"Everyone calm down we don't need any conflict from another pack,"Jason said trying to stay away from any unwanted conflict " Phoenix just wanted to talk to our new omega, to remind him of the rules"

I shuddered at that thought. I don't need to reminded of anything.

"And like I said I don't need my new friend to get hurt on the first day of school nor would I like him to be in a fight without me by his side, I gotta say violence is my forte ," Alistair said by this point I was so happy to have met him. I knew I could rely on him. Tyler then came rushing back to our table and saw Rose in distress so when to comfort her with Grace. Suddenly I felt something wet cover me from head to toe. It was ice coffee. My hair is going to be wrecked and so are my clothes. The person responsible was one of friends of the Ambrosia.

"Well done Lydia show the worthless omega were he belongs," Ambrosia sneered at me. I felt publicly humiliated even at my old school I was never treated like this. The whole room was then filled with laughter. Go a head laugh at me but one day karma will come and bite you in the butt. I still can't understand why all these people have to do this to me, today of all days, the day my real parents died. They were on their way home from a hunt and they were brutally murdered by rogues, who I now know were hired by the mafia, I was then left with their best friends the Thorn family and you know the story from there.

"What the fück was that for, he didn't even do anything to you, I don't care if you're family is richer than mine or your Pack is powerful than mine, you don't do that!" Alistair Shouted. His eyes were flickering different colours as his wolf was trying to surface. I couldn't allow that though as even though the majority of the schools population is werewolf there were still humans on campus. I got close to him and tried to calm him down. I continue this until he is fully calm and able to think rationally. I then got another glare from the group as Phoenix left to sit at their table.

I quickly ran out of cafeteria, without eating and embarrassed. My clothes are wet and my hair now smells like coffee. I found a quiet place and rocked back and forth to comfort myself.

Do you want to swap places for the rest of the day

"Yes Dawn that would be best" I said devoid of emotion. Then I gave full control to Dawn.

------------------------

Poor Red I'm truly putting my character through hell. What do you think of Alistair as our new friend.

I hope you guys liked the chapter and continue reading as the events unfold.

Please vote , comment and share
Thank you ^_^