chapter 15: I want to run away

(Just play the music)

Red (POV)

I couldn't have been out for too long as I was still in the meeting room, the only difference being I was now next to Jax instead of opposite him. He was trying to calm me down.

"shh you're ok I forgot about your autism this must have been a shock to ya," he said. I turned and stared at him I was shocked by his accent, must be from New York. Now that I was in my own world he had brown hair and he also had piercing blue eyes. They were as clear as the sky on a summers day.

"How long was I out?" I asked cutting straight to the point.

"About 5 minutes give or take ," he replied. This was all a bit too much for me firstly my strange dream, then the pain and now finding out that I have a shadow curtesy of my father. I think most normal people would have split that over a couple of days instead of just one but once again I'm not normal.

"Can you tell me what incident you were talking about before I, you know, passed out?" I asked.

"Are you serious?" he asked and I quickly nodded a little bit over-stimulated to talk "ok then let's start with the basics, ," he said. Little boss what did he mean by that, this guy is really starting to confuse me again. Also, why does everyone call me little I am 5ft 7 it's not that small.

"So your papa was the leader of the mafia, as in the whole of it, yes there was still the individual crime syndicates but they answered to him and your mama was his donna," he said. That was when my stress level grew to a whole new level. I'm calling it deafcon - 5.

"That's wrong from what I was told both my parents were doctors and that rouges murdered my parents," I said hoping that all of this was some sort of a mistake and that I could go back to my normal werewolf life.

" Your mama was before she met your papa and she was a damn good one too when your papa told her she would 'ave to quit she agreed on the terms that she would open up a pack hospital if you like for wounded mafia and they were but the rouges were paid to do that," he said and I could see his whole demeanour changed while talking about my parents. "They were so good together they went from going out to married in about 2 years which for werewolves is quite slow but they made it work and then straight after they had you."

"You seem to know an awful lot about my parents how did you get to know them?" I asked. Oh no I forgot to filter maybe it too was sad to talk about how he knew my parents. What if he becomes mad or really sad? I still can't deal with crying people.

" Piccolo capo I can hear the gears in ya brain working don't worry I'm ok with talking about your parents," he said giving me a reassuring smile "I've known your family my whole life my parents were friends with yours and when they knew they were having you your father asked my dad if I would train to become your shadow and boom here I am."

There was no hint of deception in his body language and when he spoke of his or my parents his eyes lit up. I believe that what he was saying was truthful. I felt my eyes starting to well up. The tears started to leave my eyes and move down my face and I couldn't stop them. All my emotions had all been bottled up and to hear someone talk about my real parents so fondly must have triggered the tsunami of tears that came from my eyes.

"I'm sorry this must be a lot to take in but short story your parents were murdered and before your father died he left everything to you and made me your official shadow but then for 13 years you went missing and nobody could find you," he said and my tears just continued "I was trained by the New York mafia after your parents died then a few years back the Thorns contacted us saying they were looking after you and then this year we advised them to move to the US as your identity... had been compromised."