chapter 4: The secrets and lies

Red (POV)

Beep Beep Beep

I heard the all too familiar heart Machine. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't budge.

"Is he go-going t-to be aal-alright?" I heard my mother ask while she cried her eyes out.

"He is going to be fine his body has just gone into shock the only thing is I've never seen anyone heal that fast not even the Alpha, rare very rare" the voice, which I presume is the pack doctor, explained. I then felt a calming stroke on my hand which must have been my father as he's the only who ever managed to that to my hand.

The one thing I didn't understand was why them kids beat me up. I hadn't done anything wrong nor had I even met them in my life. It was very confusing.

"I'm sorry I didn't protect you and Dawn" Tyler whispered into my ear as he hugged my unconscious body. He's the only one who knows that Dawn isn't an ordinary wolf and that we can't tell anyone else. The back of my head was now full of whimpers, they were Dawn's. I've never seen him like this and there wasn't anything I could do to stop him either.

"Dawn it's okay, we're still alive aren't we and we don't have amnesia so that's good" I told Dawn, while trying my best to calm him down

This is all my fault if I hadn't of wanted to go on a run you would have stayed with your parents and none of this would have happened.

"Dawn you couldn't have foreseen this and anyway I'm not going to wake up injured because of your kick ass powers , image if you weren't who you were , I could have died" I explained and that managed to calm him down a bit, for now. He also managed to stop whimpering after a while. I then heard two faint knocks at the door and soon the door swung open.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry this happened to your pup Elias I didn't know some of the kids had such a low tolerance to omegas otherwise I wouldn't have asked you to be my beta and risk your son" the person who came through the door said. I had so many questions by now though firstly and most importantly how could my Dad be beta and secondly isn't their responsibility to know what a pack likes and dislikes.

"I'm not going to lie ,Vincent,it's not happened to him before the pack we were in before never hurt omegas and now he's probably going to have a panic attack and he may also plan for further attacks from them and what to do in them, autism I guess" my dad explained to the Alpha. At this point I was still unable to open my eyes or move, I needed more time to rest. The infernal noise of the heart machine was still going. Beep ... It was ... Beep... getting ... Beep ... on my ... Beep ... nerves. At least it was constant. I felt a wave of drowsiness drift over me and I let sleep come to me.

Beep .... Beep .... Beep

I woke up to see a bright light over my head. Why did I have to wake up then, I dreamt of meeting my mate it felt amazing. As I reopened my eyes I saw my family all asleep. I lifted my arm to reach Tyler. His forehead wrinkled a bit but then his eyes darted to my face and the once worried face was taken by a relieved one.

"I n-n-need water, m-my th-throat is itchy a-and dry" I explained my voice cracked. I wondered how long I was asleep for, everything must have taken it's toll on me. The sudden move, the airport, the plane, meeting the Alpha and finally being beaten up. Tyler had gotten me a glass of water with a straw and held it while I took sips from the glass. It was then Tyler moved to wake up our parents. A giant hug came crashing towards me.

"Son, we are sorry for this, it wasn't meant to happen like this if I had foreseen this I wouldn't have made us move" Dad explained sorrowfully. Someone else has said that before.

"Dad you sound like Dawn and before you apologise for this I want to know when you got asked to be beta for the Alpha?" I asked angrily, if they knew about the beta situation earlier I will go berserk.

"Calm down Red, please?" My mum pleaded. Did mum know earlier too. How is that fair. Tyler gave me an apologetic smile. So I was the last to know great , just great. Note the sarcasm. At this point I was fuming. Is to because I'm not their real son. Is it because I'm not good enough. Please don't tell me it's because I'm an omega. I started had to shut down again. Everything was coming at me so quickly, it was nearly unbearable.

"Son, I'll tell you everything just stop getting worked up" Dad was nearly begging at this point.

"Fine but in the future if I don't get told something this big again don't blame me if I break down" I told my family their guilt built up in their eyes.

"Ok Red, were do I start firstly the original beta family apart from their son died while being attacked by rogues so 3 months ago I got a call from Vincent explaining the situation and asked if I'd step in and I obviously said yes" he explained but that didn't tell me when everyone else knew.
"I told your mother and Tyler right on the spot and we believed it would be best for you if we didn't tell you until last minute" so they did know why am I not surprised, it just hurt that they were able to keep it a secret for so long. I then looked over to Tyler who was now sobbing and tears were going everywhere. That hurt, I don't want my family to be sad but they never told me anything.

"It's ok, I believe you now stop crying all of you and by the way I'm still going school this hasn't scared me" I said with a giant grin. I was then ambushed by another hug. What my family love hugs. We then asked the pack doctor if I could leave and he said that I could leave whenever I felt I was strong enough. We slowly went back to our quarters it was quiet, almost too quiet. Mum assured me it was just my imagination but I've never been wrong.

That day dragged on for far too long. Everyone was walking on eggshells around me, I knew it. I had , had enough of it and gave them an apologetic glance then left the room. I found out that I was asleep for 3 days but that was down to lack of sleep. I then marched out of the oversized pack house. I needed to be alone and free. I was soon alerted to strange noises.

I then saw them. The "let's all worship me" Alpha Pheonix and at a glance girlfriend. They were snogging each other's faces off. Her breathing was erratic and every so often she moaned in pleasure. I didn't want to watch but I couldn't stop myself, at this point I'm glad I don't produce a scent that is traceable by anyone. From what I could see she was about to pleasure him, i felt a mixture of unknown feelings rise up in me it felt awful. She started to unbutton his jeans with one hand while the other traced over his chocolate abs. I knew where this was going and all of a sudden I felt a small rush of pain go through my body. That was when I decided to go back and apologise to my family for leaving in the way I did.

I soon returned to the room and was engulfed in another squeezing hug by Tyler. For being so tough the guy could cry for all of Europe. His eyes were red and puffy, his face was blotchy.

"I'm sorry Ty , sometimes things get the better of me and I really don't want you to be walking on eggshells around me , ever it felt dreadful" I told Tyler, while trying to comfort him. Sometimes I wonder who the omega is.

"I accept Red I honestly believed it would help if you didn't know until the last minute and if it's any consolation Mars was really angry with me" he said and I laughed and gave a toothy grin. We then had a conversation about school and how we would be starting tomorrow. That came by too quickly for my liking but that's school. I was quite hopeful that we were in the same classes, I don't want to be dropped in at the deep end on my first day. The night was swiftly drawing to an end so after we watched an episode of Nirvana in fire ,one of the best Chinese dramas ever, we went sleep on the sofa because I was too tired to move.

------------------------

What do you guys think were his family right in concealing the truth from him or should they have told them sooner. For anyone confused about the picture it's of the new part of the pack house at the back of the hill. Also listen to the intro music to Nirvana in fire it so good.

64 reads omg I wasn't even expecting 10 so thank you for giving my book a chance ^_^
It means a lot to me.

Another fun question because why not:
If you were a super villain, what crime would you commit.

For me I'd commit successfully raiding Fort Knox because that's totally cliche.

Don't forget to
Vote , share and follow
To keep up with this series