chapter 21: got to save him.

Slight trigger warning- I don't really want to leave you without any pre warning. Please don't worry it won't last long.

This chapter is dedicated to: frandzy

Phoenix (POV)

After Red left I wanted to curl into a ball and cry. He didn't reject me as such but didn't trust me. I don't blame him at all because this is all my fault.

Damn right it is. You marked someone who isn't our mate.

When I told him where I had marked Ambrosia his eyes went dull, like the sun covered by cloud. Super hearing aloud me to hear his conversion with his brother. What is his obsession with Chinese dramas ?

I was pissed off at myself. Why hadn't I seen he was the most perfect person for me? I let that take over my mind a bit before I decided to mind link Raphael.

"Hey dude where are you?" I asked hoping he would be around.

"Helping to set up Red's birthday party seems like everyone forgot it, I feel sorry for the little guy," he replied. I was shocked how could anyone forget his birthday and what does he mean by everyone?

"Seriously, what do you mean by everyone, I'm sure he talked about it for ages and plus where are you setting it up?" I asked it could have been anywhere for all I knew.

"I mean my mate his brother, Alistair, Grace ,Rose and even that Jax guy forgot about it and to answer your question it's at his dorm you've got to come," he said and again I was shocked they were meant to have his back even if I didn't.

"I'll be round soon," I said and broke the connection quickly. Red was still in the pack house I could feel him. I decided to get changed into something more... partyish. After getting into what I thought looked great I styled my hair quickly. I then ran to my baby. The best car in the world.

On the journey to the party all I could think about was the sudden hurt to emotionless in Red's eyes. It was all my selfish fault. I wasn't really paying attention when I realised I was already outside the dorms. While making my way inside, I saw a motorcycle and wondered who's it was.

The elevator was taking longer than usual as I was left to my thoughts once again. When I reached the top I saw that the party was in full swing. There was a load of people crowding in the middle of the room, like the last time. In the corner of the room, I saw Jason waving at me. He was standing with Raphael as they watched their mates having a good time. As I made my way to them, the smell of honeycomb was overwhelming.

"Hey dude glad you could make it wasn't sure if you'd show up," Raphael said giving me a friendly punch on the shoulder.

"Why would you think something like that obviously I'd come Ambrosia is out with my mother didn't really want to be alone," I said and they both exchanged looks with each other.

"Yea so how is your mate anyway pancake?" Jason asked.

"She's pretty good we are in the process of properly moving into the alpha suite now that dad is going to stand down properly," I said trying to steer clear of the topic of Ambrosia.

"Oh yea your going to take over both the pack and fallen Angels then we will have to take over our positions," Raphael said looking a bit down.

"Look at the bright side we get to spend more time together," Jason said trying to cheer us up a bit. Both Raphael and I wanted to take over after highschool finished because it's too much pressure. We all heard a bit of commotion coming from the dance area. To my surprise it was Red, he looked wasted. I started to worry a bit normally alcohol doesn't affect a werewolf that's why I was allowed to have it at my party.