The Instruments of the Troubled

~Hope's POV~

The next day, I was back at the trailer after being picked up by Rain. I remembered that I had to design a logo for TIOTT so the band members could have me do the tattoos.

"So, are you busy today? Because there are a lot of people scheduled for today, and all of us will probably have to be working." Rain and I were on an early morning walk with Cloud and Batman.

"I actually have a special project. I went that party with my parents last night, and there was a guy there who was a total duche. But then there was another guy who was really sweet and funny who is in a band. We got talking, and one thing led to another and I agreed to design their band logo and tattoo the logo onto the five of them." I sum up last night with that, even though there was so much more to be said.

"So you're booked quite a bit today, huh? Designing a logo and tattooing a group of five... That's a lot of responsability and it takes commitment to this job. You are doing really well, and you give amazing quality tattoos. I'm lucky to have you, yet when you eventually get your own shop, you'll be very requested and busy and competition." We were back at the bus, and I had to get to work if I were to get a few different logos planned out before they arrived.

I return to my bunk with Batman trailing behind me. I lift him up with me and grab my scetchpad and pencil kit. I had a lot of pencils and pens in that kit, and it was very helpful for designing tattoos.

About and hour later, I have three designs that turned out decent. I gather them up and find Rain.

"Those are amazing! What do the initials 'TIOTT' stand for?" I hadn't told her the band's name.

"It's their band name initials. It stands for 'The Instruments of the Troubled'." I spread the designs out on the table and take a final look at them. Then, I hear a knock on the door.

"Did you ask them to come a little early?" I nod as an answer to Rain's question before walking over to the door.

"Hey Hope! This is the rest of my band. Liz is the bassist, Sarah is the lead guitar, the drummer is Echo, and Miles is the rhythm guitarist." They all wave and say hello as I motion for them to enter the bus.

"Hello Liz, Sarah, Echo, Miles, and Austin. I'm Hope, and this is my boss, Rain." We exchange greetings and the rain disappears outside to start setting up.

"So, I have three logos drawn up as ideas, just like you asked, and then if you have suggestions or ideas or comments, it's your logo, so the final decision is yours on what it looks like." Then, they all look through the designs and deliberate about what they each would like it to have/not have.

"We've come to a decision. So, we all love this one, but have a few things to say." The one they held up was the one I liked the best as well. The initials of the band name looked like they were in Roman numerals, yet they were letters, and around that was a form of a sun which was then smeared and made to look as if there were ink spills on the sun. The whole tattoo was black and grey, and looked amazing. I hoped I could make it look as good as a tattoo as it did on paper.

"What we have to say, they aren't things to be changed, they are just questions." Austin looks down at the design and then back to me. "So, do you do the tattoos freehand or do you use the blue sticker thing that you trace over?"

"See, usually if the client has the exact design printed out, I make a photocopy of it onto the sticker like blue ink and then use it as a guideline. But if I draw it, depending on the difficulty of recreating it, sometimes I'll use the blue washable ink, but sometimes I just do it freehand. For this though, I'll most likely use the blue washable ink. And I had an adapted version of the usual ink made that's hypoallergenic. It's completely safe and can cause less harm than then normal blue ink other people use. That is why mine had a slight purple tinge to it." I think I amazed him with my ramble about tattoo stencil ink.

"That's awesome. I asked because Echo is allergic to the blue stencil ink that most places use." He was looking out for him fellow band mate. How sweet.

"This stuff is 100% organic and hypoallergenic. And if it gets on your hands or in your mouth, it's completely safe. It won't cause any chemical reactions or anything. It's been tasted to the max, and I'm in the process of having it made to be mandatory in all tattoo shops instead of the current brand." They all appear to be very impressed.

"Ok, awesome. Shall we get started?" Austin questions.

"Yup. Lets all go outside, and I'll get started on the first one of you." I grab the drawing and head to the bus door.

They all follow, and soon, the six of us are at one of the tables. I'm in the stool, Austin is in the leather chair, and the other five have folding chairs pulled up around so they can watch. I get out the tatto gun and clean it, even though I know it's already cleaned. I grab the blue/purple tracing ink and make the first copy.

"Here we go." I lay the stencil ink copy on his upper arm and make sure it's printed nicely and neatly. I bring the tattoo gun up to his arm, and when I start, he flinches and his face turns red.

"You doing alright? It's almost done, I just have the letters to fill in." It had been about an hour and twenty minutes since I started on Austin. His face was blood red, his breathing was shallow and soft, and his eyes were quite watery.

"Ya. I'm fine." I was half laughing at him. I hadn't even flinched when a Rain did mine. Maybe it was the needle size... I wouldn't know because the same sized needle was used for all of mine.

After about 7.5 hours, all five of them had new tattoos of their new band logo.

"They look amazing! Thank you so much, Hope. We really appreciate it." Austin and the band were extatic. "Oh, and I wanted to tell you that we are moving to LA once all of us are 18. Echo and Sarah are 17, so we can't move yet, but we are going to soon."

"That's awesome! And I'm so glad you like the tattoos. Text me updates on how you guys are and when you'll be moving. We can get together once you move to LA." They all nod before departing home.

"They were really nice. Plus... Austin seems to really like you." I just ignore Rain and get to work on the next person in line who wanted a tribal rose on the back of their neck.

The day ended without much more excitement. I crawled I to my bunk with Batman around 1 am, and I quickly fell asleep. It was a peaceful sleep. Well, for a little bit.

****Picture is the tattoo design for TIOTT. Sorry about the sides getting cut off, and yes, I did draw it.****

****Also, updates will be more frequent now that school will be out on Tuesday, June 10****