Unexpected

~Andy's POV~

I wake up in a bed that is not my own. My overwhelming headache is too distracting and I can't figure out where I am.

"Andy... Are you up yet?" It was the voice of an angel. When Hope walks in, I remember the events of last night. The party, the drinks, the accident, the hospital, and then falling asleep at Hope's house with Jinxx.

"Ya. My head hurts." She delicately walks over and sits at the foot of the bed.

"I figured. I don'y have any advil or anything here, so I called my nieghbor and he is going to bring some over. Now, come on. I made waffles." All at once, I am hit in the face with the delicious scent of waffles and maple syrup.

Hope and I walk to her kitchen, where Jinxx is devouring a plate of waffles that are drowning in syrup.

"I'll make more, considdering Jinxx is being quite piggish. And by the way, I texted CC, Jake, and Ashley and they will be coming by here in a few hours to hang out." Hope starts up the waffle maker and whisks more batter.

The door bell rings and I remember Hope saying something about her neighbor dropping off advil for me. "I'll get it."

I walk to the bright red front door and open it to someone I thought I had left behind a very long time ago.

"Uhhh... Hello. What are you doing here?" He smiles and steps in.

"Hi. I live next door with my wife and our daughter. Hope called and asked if we had advil, so here you go. Is she here?" I nod, still shocked at who walked in.

"Hope!" I call out for her and she enters the room, hands full of waffle batter.

"Yes? Oh, hello Peter. I see you have met Andy... Andy? Are you okay?" She didn't know that her neighbor, Peter, is my father.

"Well, I guess Andy never mentioned me." Damn right I never mention you.

"Andy, what is he talking about? How do you know him?" Hope is glaring holes into me.

"Hope, it doesn't matter. Can I talk to him alone for a few minutes? We can discuss this in a little bit." She nods and exits the room.

"Andy, why don't you tell her?" I can't believe him. I don't have time to stop myself. My hand connects to his cheek. "I guess I deserved that slap. Andy, can I just talk for a minute?"

"Fine." I spat out the word like it is poison.

"After you left, I realized how bad of shape I was in. I went into rehab and had a few rough patches before finally recovering. I'm a new person now. The past is behind me and I regret everything. I was a terrible father and you deserved way better. And I have a new wife now and we have a daughter. I met her about five years after you left and we lived together for a while before wanting to get out of Ohio. We came here and started a family." He was such a bad person before, it will take more than a few apologies to convince me that he has changed.

"Does your wife know about what you did to me and Rose and mom?" I look him straight in the eyes.

"Yes. But she believes that I have changed, and I have. I gave up drinking and smoking a long time ago and I have never hurt a hair on either of them. And I don't plan on ever going back to that. I was horrible and I know I did terrible things to you, and I am sorry. I am truly sorry for everything. I have been paying attention to you throughout the years. Your growing band, becoming successful, having a great girlfriend, and then blowing it all and breaking down, then trying to make it seem like you were okay. Then you broke again and ended up spending two years in a mental hospital and rehab center. And now you are out and reconnecting with everyone and trying like hell to redeem yourself. Hope is a keeper, Andy. No matter what, never let her go. She is so special and sweet. Even if you hate me still and want me dead, don't let old feelings ruin what you have with her." I believe him. he has changed. The guy he used to be is gone. He seems like a nice man now.