Chapter 1~ Running Out Of Reasons

Here is Chapter One, I hope you like it. I made some changes to this book and I'm starting to update more often. 

Thank you and enjoy reading!!!!! 

Have you ever had that feeling when you're being watched by something or even more terrifying like someone? It's an indescribable creepy and eerie feeling, I was finishing my closing tasks at the job I started over the summer. It was a well-paying job and it helped me pay my rent for my studio apartment just a few blocks down from the café. I had just finished sweeping the floors and counting the till, I discarded my apron and grabbed my jacket, purse from the back. I locked up the front doors as soon as the time hit 10 pm on the dot. Mrs. Neilson always kept the café open for those night owl kids and college kids to come to hang out and buy a snack from her. I did a lock check on the door and sighed in relief. I was glad to be going home, don't get me wrong I enjoyed working for Mrs. Neilson I've known her for about 2 years and she pays me about 18 pounds an hour based on my experience and let's say I have plenty, I was a singer before I became a barista. I instantly became good at brewing up specialty drinks, coffee I can even whip up some adult drinks as well. I am as a matter of fact over the age in the United Kingdom to consume alcohol, But I am 20 years old in case you were wondering. 

 Mrs. Neilson and I became pretty close when I moved out here to Gloucester, London from the States, I miss it there but I'm forever grateful to have my own home here and a wonderful supporting friend, boss. She let me run her café but would check on me from time to time. You see the Neilson's residents was miles from the Little Café and Mrs. Neilson was becoming too frail to travel all those miles just to open the shop up so she hired me a couple of years ago and I love it, all the townspeople have been nothing but kind and generous to leave tips. So here I was on a typical Friday night locking up the place before walking back to my apartment, I didn't need to drive hence my flat being so close 4 blocks down. But today something just convinced me to take a short cut which ended up being through a dark alleyway. Crap, jokes on me I shouldn't have done that, I've heard the stories of people getting killed drained of blood in these dark alleys, and that's what creeps me out the most. I heard some rustling behind me as I made my way down the first block but I shrugged it off as nothing. I glanced behind me just to make sure that no one was following me or watching me walk home, when I realized that no one was there I took my headphones out from my bag placed them in my ears, grabbed my iPhone, and plugged them in. I then clicked on a song, and the music started playing calming my nerves instantly. 

(Ohhh, you're running out of reasons)

Shut it out, what you heard about

What you heard about me

They say I'm rough, raw, loud

But they don't know nothing

Not a thing about me

So tear up that list of things you wrote down (wrote down)

Why you can never be with me now (not now)

I know where you wanna be

You wanna say no, no, it ain't gonna work (oh)

But then you fumble your words

Ohhh, you're running out of reasons

No, no, tell all of your lies (oh oh)

Will buy your lips on mine

Oh, you're running out of reasons

I was interrupted by... a noise which sounded something like a laugh or a chuckled, I couldn't quite make it out with the music playing so I removed my headphones looking around me as I was closer to my house just like 1 block of the street from it. I could hardly see anything so I made up my mind to just try and rush home, and ignore the sounds from behind me unless it sounded again like a person. When I was just a few meters from my house, I started seeing weird shapes emerge from the trees, I started to get a little bit more nervous and upped my pace a little wanting to get inside as quickly as possible.