Chapter 4~Glad You Came

Chapter 4

The next morning. ..

I jolted out of bed breathing heavily. My head was pounding like crazy and I felt very nauseous, I made it to the bathroom in time to hurl the contains of my stomach. I felt much better after that, I washed my face and brushed my teeth after I was done I noticed something out of place on my neck looking at it through the mirror I saw two puncture wounds and the skin around them was bright red and dried remains of blood.

But something caught my eye as well and I freaked out. Bite wounds and black veins in my eyes,  What the??. I blinked a couple of times and then they went away. I heard rummaging around in the room next to the bathroom and the radio is turned on, the song Can't Be Tamed was playing from its speakers. "Lan you okay in there?", I heard Nareesha ask as she started digging around for something. "Not really, I don't know what's happening to me. I'm nauseous and my head is pounding. Also, there are these weird marks on my neck and somethings up with my eyes," I replied over the radio humming. "We're going out today, so we got to find you something nice to wear. Hold up, what's weird?" Nareesha replied to my comment. She came into the room and I showed her the marks on my neck, her attitude completely changed. She became furious and started rambling on about something. I couldn't understand what she was saying but clearly, she was upset about me being hurt. "That little shit needs to learn control", I heard her mumble out before she looked at me and smiled sympathetically. "Lan just go get ready, I'll be right back. I gotta teach that kid a lesson," She beckons me out of the bathroom and opens the closet door for me. I sigh and watch as she leaves the room, as the door closes I hear her yell loudly.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER NATHAN".

Nareesha is my best friend she's like my sister she always got my back and I got hers as well. She's got a temper and never lets anything go lightly, I guess that's why we're friends. I've always struggled with letting things go and to have this girl in my life as my friend; my sister not by blood is a blessing. She has always been there for me and I've always been there for her. I was a little bummed she never told me she was engaged to Siva, I knew of their relationship but her engagement must have happened recently. But I've let it slide since our little friend I've been learning to let things go and have fun. Humor is the best thing to have after everything that I have been through.

As I was oblivious to the noise outside of the room I shifted through the clothes in the closet, Nareesha was grateful enough to stop at my place after her work to grab some of my clothes. I laughed at the clothes selection she had picked out for me. Fashion girls are the best and the worst at the same time!!

I found my red skinny jeans and a black beanie, my black leather jacket which I put aside on the bed.

I slipped on a pinkish peach short blouse/ shirt and shimmed into my red skinny jeans. Then my jacket, I slipped on my beanie and my black combat boots with black socks. I made my way over to the mirror to check my outfit for today, I felt content with it not making a fashion statement but who cares.

I grabbed my brush from the dresser and combed out the tangles in my hair leaving it straight, I heard the sound of the door being opened and someone walking in the room. From the corner of my sight I saw in the mirror the black veins came back, I felt a sting on my neck the two marks were on fire.

Someone walked up to me quickly checking to see what was wrong, I couldn't tell who it was until I looked up through the mirror. I froze in shock and fear at the person standing behind me. It was Nathan, he looked concerned but remained cautious at my startled state.

"Relax Love!! I'm not here to hurt you I just want help", He spoke softly while holding his hands up in defeat with a wet washcloth in between his palm and thumb. I stiffened as he places his soft hands on the skin of my neck.