03 | m a n y s i d e s

The next day was boring and excruciatingly slow

The next day was boring and excruciatingly slow. I kept falling asleep in first, second and third period. Ace kept nudging me every five seconds to keep me alive basically during history.

There was a football game on Friday and Lilli was dragging me to it. She told me I was "free to bring my boy toy" whatever the hell that meant. But therefore, it meant I had to invite Ace otherwise Lilli would think something was up.

So there I was, twirling a strand of hair around my fingers, thinking of a way to ask Ace if he would go with me to the game. For once, he was actually concentrated on his work and not staring at some girl.

"So your friend Ryder plays football right?" I whispered to him, leaning my body slightly toward him.

He finished what he was writing and looked up. "Yeah, why?"

"There's a game tonight."

He smirked. "I'm aware."

"Lilli is making me go."

He leaned back in his seat and folded his hands together. "And?" I shrugged and turned back to the whiteboard. But Ace didn't move. He kept his eyes right on me. For a straight minute.

"She wants me to bring you,"I whispered, exasperated.

The smirk turned even more mischievous and I almost wanted to groan in annoyance. "You sure it was Lilli that's making you bring me?" His eyebrows wiggled in a way that I found oddly, hot?

"Fine, then find yourself another fake girlfriend by Sunday," I crossed my arms across my chest and settled into my chair.

Ace sighed, very loudly, and told me, "yeah I'll go to the stupid game with you. I was already planning on being there. Do you need me to pick you up?"

I thought about it for a second. "No, it's okay. Lilli is driving me there and back home." He nodded and we got on with our day.

After school, Lilli came over to my apartment to help me get ready

After school, Lilli came over to my apartment to help me get ready. She searched through my closet. "Do you own anything with our school's name on it?"