28 | l i l l i

I truly thought Lilli was going to bite off my head the moment she saw me

I truly thought Lilli was going to bite off my head the moment she saw me. Considering after yesterday and her finding out I had lied to her and my somewhat boyfriend. I think.

If there was one thing I knew about Lilli, it was that she hated dishonesty. It was her biggest pet peeve, besides trash talking about people behind their backs. She was a good person and I felt terrible for lying to her. Just like Ace, I knew she was going to go in on me not trusting her even though I did, completely.

All of that is the reason I made Ace stop at the grocery store on the way to school just so I could buy her a box of chocolates. I didn't care if I was late to class, Lilli loved chocolate more than anything in the world. And I was hoping she would forgive me the second she saw the heart shaped box.

Ace and I crept into class and handed out teacher our late passes. She gave us a suspicious look but said nothing.

As soon as I was in my seat, I turned to my best friend. But she had her arms crossed and her lips pursed. "Lilli," I tried to get her attention.

I knew she was doing her best at ignoring me but when I gently waved the chocolates in her face, she gave in. "You got me chocolates?" She asked me.

"It's part of my apology," I let her know. "Can we talk after class?" She took the box from me when I handed it over and nodded her head, giving me my answer.

I turned to Ace with a big smile on my face. He had one that mirrored mine and his eyes glimmered with adoration.

I kissed Ace gently on his cheek after class and made my way toward Lilli

I kissed Ace gently on his cheek after class and made my way toward Lilli. We weren't going to really get into it yet but I wanted to walk her to class to show her that I was really trying.

"I know you wanted to talk to me now Ro but I really don't think an 8 minute passing period is enough time," Lilli told me without even looking in my direction.

I nodded even though she probably didn't see it. "Yeah, I know. I just wanted to walk with you. We can talk at lunch or after school; whichever is good with you."

"After school. Can you come over? I'll give you a ride back home," she said home with disgust.

I stopped her and pulled her to a set of lockers. "I'm not staying there anymore. You guys were right, it's stupid for me to stay there when I could just stay with Ace."