32 | t e a s e

After falling back asleep for a little longer, Anna woke us both up to eat and to get us out of the bedroom, alone

After falling back asleep for a little longer, Anna woke us both up to eat and to get us out of the bedroom, alone. Austin was at the table, cutting up Noah's breakfast into smaller pieces. Noah sat there, rolling his eyes, but with a huge grin.

"What, can't cut up your own waffles, kid?" Ace asked his brother, sitting down next to him.

Noah turned to Ace. "Why would I do it myself when dad wants to do it for me?"

The kid had a point.

Ace just ruffled his hair and pulled me to sit next to him on the bench.

"What are your plans for the day?" Anna asked us when she came back into the dining room with a plate full of fresh waffles.

I glanced at my boyfriend. Was he going to tell them about Kaz?

"I don't know, we'll probably just go hang out with the guys," Ace answered for us, evading the truth a bit.

Austin nodded. "How are Ryder and Kaz? We haven't seen much of them around here in awhile."

Partly my fault.

"We hang out a lot more at school now, I guess," Ace shrugged, acting weirdly nonchalant. Right then, Ace's phone played a text tone. He glanced at it quickly and gave me a look.

It was Kaz. It had to be.

"Speak of the devils, just got a text confirming our plans. Mel, you wanna come with me to Kaz's house or would you rather stay here today?"

His voice begged me to join him. I had a slight feeling that Ace thought the conversation was going to get awkward and he wanted my support along with him. "I'll go with you, if that's okay."

"More than okay," he told me, placing his hand on my thigh, tracing small circles on my kneecap.

So after we ate, we went upstairs, to our separate rooms and got ready. I pulled on a pair of jeans, a light sweater and vans. I threw my hair up into a quick ponytail and looked in the mirror for anything else to fix.

Oh there was.

I stormed out of my room and knocked loudly on Ace's door. "Yeah?" I heard him answer.

I pushed open the door and found him lying on his bed, playing a game on his phone. "Ace!"

"What?" He looked up and then looked back down to his game.

I moved closer, my feet stomping on his floor. I grabbed his phone and narrowed my eyes when he whined. "You did this," I pointed to the purple bruise on my neck.

Ace chuckled, "awe, you look cute with a hickey."

"No! I can't go out with this thing here! Everyone will know that-"

Ace laughed. "What? That your boyfriend kisses you?"

"That you sucked on my neck like a vampire!"