30 | n i c e g i r l

What the shit?

What the shit?

I stopped in my tracks as Kaz pulled Ace into a kiss. And then, I just stood there, unsure of what to do.

Ace pulled back almost immediately. He took a step back and didn't turn toward me; he just stared at Kaz. Everyone was silent for a few seconds; everyone had seen it.

Kaz had just kissed my boyfriend.

And oh boy, did that make me angry. It didn't matter that he was a guy, I would have felt just as angry if a girl had done it. I stormed over to them and stepped in between them.

"Hey! He's taken Kaz!" I tried to make my voice sound mean, I really did. But I ended up sounding like I had been smoking a pack of cigarettes everyday for 40 years.

Ace set his hands on my shoulders and leaned toward me. "Baby, can I talk to Kaz alone?"

"The last time you did that, he kissed you right in front of me so..."

Kaz had a bright red blush on his cheeks and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but that living room. I narrowed my eyes at him, daring him to try something on Ace again.

I sighed and pointed to Kaz. "Try kissing my boyfriend one more time, you'll regret it." I kissed Ace's cheek, claiming him, and then walked over to Ryder, who stood by Lilli in the back.

"What the hell just happened?" Lilli asked me with wide eyes.

I didn't answer her but I turned and looked at Ryder. "You knew, didn't you?"

He looked a bit guilty but nodded. "Of course I did. He's my best friend."

"But Ace is your best friend too. Why didn't he know?" I asked.

"Kaz has been very confused for the past few years. He didn't understand why he felt the way he did about guys in general. And then he was even more confused when he started feeling those things for Ace. Would you want to tell your best friend you're in love with them?"

I gasped. "KAZ IS IN LOVE WITH ACE?"

Lilli choked on whatever she was drinking and started laughing. "What the heck is happening right now?"

Ryder winced a little at how loud I had been. "Calm down little one."

"Call me little one again Ryder, I dare you. I am not in the mood. Kaz just kissed my boyfriend right in front of me and everyone. He didn't even have the decency to do it in private!" I exclaimed.

Ryder turned me around by my shoulders and led me to the kitchen and Lilli followed closely behind. "Listen Mel, Kaz is most likely drunk as hell. He's going to regret what he said and did in the morning."

"That doesn't give him an excuse to kiss Ace. He knew I was right there; he looked right at me," I frowned.

He nodded. "Yeah, Kaz can be a douche, I'll admit that. But try not to be a douche right back Mel. He kissed Ace right in front of you, yes. But he also just kissed his best friend who he knows is in love with you. And the kid isn't even out yet. That's gotta suck."