25 | l i t t l e k i d

The first thing Ace did when he walked into class the next day was flick my nose with a perfect smile before sitting down in his seat in front of me

The second thing he did though, was annoy the absolute shit out of me.

For the entire period he tapped his pencil against the desk as if it were a drum set. He combined that with hitting the side of his desk with his hand.

But if I'm being completely honest, it sounded pretty good. I wouldn't even be surprised if he told me he played the drums too.

But it was still annoying.

So annoying that in five minute intervals, I would kick his chair until he stopped pretending he was Ringo Starr. But then within three minutes, he would start right back up again.

Lilli kept covering her smiles and light chuckles behind her hand whenever I would sigh dramatically in frustration. I would send her an icy glare and she would only shrug and laugh a little harder.

Whose side was she on, anyway?

The bell finally released me from the hell that was Ace's annoying tapping habit and I rushed out of the classroom without waiting for the traitor or the wannabe drummer himself.

"Mel! Wait up, Usain Bolt," Ace sped walked over to me with an easygoing smile.

I slowed down slightly but didn't stop. "You're the most annoying person I've ever met."

"Shut up, you like everything about me. Don't even deny it," he scoffed.

I raised both my eyebrows. "I can name like 20 things I don't like about you."

"Do it," he challenged.

I thought about it. And then I thought about it some more.

Nothing.

"Fuck off. I have class," I tried to scurry away from him.

He laughed, the sound booming through the hallway. "See ya at lunch sweetheart."

Fuck.

I had totally forgotten about sitting with him at lunch. It wasn't that I minded sitting with Ace, I did like the boy after all. But it was nerve wracking.

After the last time we were in that room together and the gazes that would for sure land on us for the whole 30 minutes of our lunch break, who wouldn't be a little nervous?

Ace Carter, that's who.

I was pretty sure Ryder was still angry with Ace because he hadn't specified otherwise. Would it just be Ace and I? Or would Kaz join too? And Lilli?

What do I do about the lunch situation?

I texted Lilli, hoping she would give me good advice. I trusted her opinion; not only because she was my best friend, but also because her advice had helped me a lot in the past.