04 | n o c o n t r o l

The only eventful thing about Saturday was when Ace shook me awake and told me my father had already left for the day

The only eventful thing about Saturday was when Ace shook me awake and told me my father had already left for the day. I wasn't sure how he knew that but I didn't question it. He left quickly after that, claiming he needed to go home and help his mom clean up the house before his family arrived.

I went grocery shopping with the little money I had and told myself to make sure Charlie paid me back. Beside that, nothing else happened. I did my homework, which was little to none. I talked to Lilli for a few hours about college. Neither of us were sure about what we wanted to do or where we wanted to go. I was seriously considering a gap year.

I fell asleep somewhere around 11 pm and woke up way too early for a Sunday morning. I cleaned up around the house while Charlie slept half the day away in his room. We still hadn't exchanged any words since Friday night but that was normal of us. I didn't want to talk to him anyway.

It was finally time for me to get ready so I hopped into the shower. Once I was out, I blow dried my hair and left it in its natural, slightly wavy state. I looked in the mirror and contemplated wearing makeup. Deciding to impress the family rather than scarring them, I lightly covered my face in foundation. Livened my face with some bronzer and blush and applied some mascara.

My outfit consisted of a light yellow sundress that ended mid thigh. The dress was an off the shoulder type. It was adorable. I slipped on a pair of black flats and a short gold necklace Emily had gotten me for my 16th birthday.

The doorbell rang and I checked my phone for the time. It was definitely time for Ace to pick me up. He had already texted me to tell me he was here, 5 minutes ago. Shoot.

I grabbed my things and rushed out into the hallway. I heard gruff voices and I cringed. Charlie had gotten there first. I could see Ace was holding back his anger while introducing himself to my father.

"Nice to meet you sir, I'm Ace. I'm here to pick up Mel," he spouted to my father.

Charlie looked confused and slightly angry. He turned around and saw me. "Mellie, why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?"

I couldn't help myself. "Well Charlie, you never told me you had multiple girlfriends now did you?" I pushed past him and grabbed Ace's wrist.

I started to pull him away but my father spoke again. "Have her home by midnight."

"I'm not a child-" I started.

Ace interrupted. "Don't worry sir, I will." I stared at him like he was crazy but he gave me a look that told me to shut my trap.

I could tell he knew I was angry because when we got to the car, he was silent. It wasn't his place to tell my father that I would respect his curfew. Especially not when he knew how Charlie is to me.

"He wouldn't have let you go Mel. Not if I was disrespectful," Ace glances over at me halfway through the trip. I just kept my arms crossed and pouted like a baby although I knew he was right.
The anger started to wear off when he turned on the radio and an old One Direction song came on. Ace immediately went to change in but I smacked his hand away and started singing.