11 | a c e y

In my rush the next morning, I had missed Lilli's texts regarding the fact that she was staying home with the flu

In my rush the next morning, I had missed Lilli's texts regarding the fact that she was staying home with the flu. I frowned all throughout first period without her; even though Ace was there. He was in some sort of mood. He blamed it on Noah waking him up way earlier than necessary.

I was forced to spend my break alone in front of my locker, pretending I had something to do. Ace and I never hung out at break. It was his designated "boys only time" as Kaz had made up.

I dragged my way through my morning classes until lunch time finally hit and I was left with a bundle of nervous energy in the pit of my stomach. Ace was expecting me to sit and have lunch with Kaz and Ryder. And I had been okay with that, until Lilli decided to get the flu.

Now, my best friend wouldn't be here to support me or back me up if I Kaz insulted me. I sighed and walked as slow as I could to the doors outside of the cafeteria. Ace had planned on us meeting here before entering the madness that was the lunch room.

"Try to act less depressing when we go in there sweetheart," I heard the voice from behind me. I whipped around and caught Ace leaning his shoulder against the lockers across the hall. He looked good today.

As if he didn't every time I see him.

"Do something that makes me less depressed," I threw at him sarcastically.

He grinned and strode toward me with a confidence only Ace Carter could pull off. He stopped in front of me and smirked before lifting a hand to brush a stray hair away from my cheek.

"Whatcha doin' Carter?" I asked him, trying to keep my voice above a whisper.

He dropped his hand in one smooth move and placed it on my waist instead. "Doing what I can to help, King."

I shook my head, slightly in a daze from his touch. There was no one out here; aka no one to act in front of. I leaned closer to him before stopping, my lips close to his ear. "Still feeling the same as before."

His eyes were slightly widened when I pulled away and his grip tightened a little on my waist. It slid down to my hip and squeezed.

Oh boy.

I hadn't pulled back all the way yet so my face was still way too close to his. But before I could do anything about that distance, we heard a cough.

"Get a classroom," Ryder smirked, whacking Kaz, who stood next to him, in the stomach to get his attention.

"Get over yourself Park," Ace told him, his eyes had returned back to their usual, bored state.

Kaz scoffed and Ryder looked even more smug than before, if possible. "I'm not the one groping my girlfriend in the middle of the hallway."

"No one is groping anyone for your information," I butted in, only to be ignored. Ace's hand still hadn't removed itself from my hip so I stepped away from his warmth. He frowned a little with the action but I just rolled my eyes and picked my backpack up off the ground.