09 | h u n g o v e r m u c h ?

Call me pleasantly surprised when Ace asked me if I wanted to come over on Sunday, since his family were throwing another barbecue

Call me pleasantly surprised when Ace asked me if I wanted to come over on Sunday, since his family were throwing another barbecue. But this time, it was at his aunt and uncle's house. I was excited to see his cousin, Katie and hopefully find out a few embarrassing secrets from Ace's childhood.

I agreed after he dropped me off at my apartment. I refused to let him come inside since the last time Ace was brought up in a conversation between Charlie and me, it didn't end well. I told him to have fun at his little party the next day and he rolled his eyes and waved goodbye. The guy was really growing on me.

Charlie was also in a good mood, making my entrance so much easier. He just grumbled a little about staying out late and sent me off to my room. I fell onto my bed and checked my phone. I had a missed call from Lilli so I called her back.

She answered on the second ring. "How did it go?" She asked me, excitement evident in her voice.

I laughed and covered my giggles with my hand. "It was fun. I'm really gonna miss his parents once this whole thing is over."

"What do you mean, over? You aren't even going to stay friends with Ace after the next two weeks?"

I sighed. I had wanted to avoid this topic with Lilli, knowing she would be upset and confused. "Lil, it's not like he did this to become my friend. This is just a favor and nothing else."

"So you're telling me, you won't be even a little upset if you guys just stop talking?" She asked me, her voice sarcastic.

I groaned and let my face fall into my pillow. "I don't know." My voice was muffled from the cushion but I knew she understood what I had said.

"All I'm saying is, Rose, it's only been like a week and a half and you guys already know so much about each other."

I hated that she was right. Ace didn't know everything about me or my past but he knew a lot. It took me a while to trust people; but Ace had gotten me to trust him within a mere 10 days. What did that say about us?

Lilli must have sensed my change in mood because she changed the subject from Ace to the history homework. I was grateful for Lilli. Everything she did, she did in consideration of other people's feelings. It felt like she could read me better than a book and could see right through me when I lied. At times, it was a curse. Other times, it was a God send.

We talked for the next hour and a half while we both started our homework but Lilli finished before me and decided to retire to bed early. We said our goodnights and I plugged my phone in to charge while I got my towel from its hook for my shower.

I took a nice, long shower that wasted a bunch of water, but I felt like I needed it. This week had been insane and I was glad that it was over. I dried off quickly and returned to my room, dressed in my pajamas. I glanced over at my phone since the screen had lit up. On my phone there was a message from Ace.