27 | y e s , h i s s e d

I was moving back in with Ace's family

I was moving back in with Ace's family. It seemed more logical to everyone, including myself now.

"There's a perfectly fine extra bedroom for you to stay in Mel, don't be ridiculous. And if my son screws up again, he'll be the one I kick out, not you," Anna had told me the same day Ace had said he loved me back. Ace smirked but pretended like he hadn't heard her threat.

His arm had been attached to me basically the entire night. If we weren't holding hands, his arm was slung around my shoulders or my head was resting against his bicep.

It was like neither of us wanted to let go of the other if we didn't have to. Call it the honeymoon stage, but I was pretty happy with it.

When it was time for us to part ways that night, he pulled me in for a long kiss that had my heart racing beyond what would be considered normal.

I had to stay at least one more night in the apartment. I was going to spend the night, once again, packing up my things. I would drive my stuff and myself to Ace's house bright and early before school and then ride there with Ace. And then, I would hopefully never step foot in that old apartment again.

The next morning after avoiding Charlie, I moved my things into my car and headed to the Carter/Ross residence

The next morning after avoiding Charlie, I moved my things into my car and headed to the Carter/Ross residence. I got there pretty early and I didn't expect most of them to be up. But after knocking lightly on the front door, Noah answered with a bright smile.

"Ace is still asleep but you can come in," he told me while grabbing my hand and tugging me inside.

"He's asleep? Isn't he aware school starts in like, half an hour?" I asked out loud.

Noah shrugged.

This reminded me of when Ace used to let me sleep until we only had 20 minutes left before the first bell. I smirked evilly.

"I'll go wake him up," I told Noah before running up the stairs and flinging open his bedroom door.

Ace was laying in bed with the sheets twisted around his hips. He was shirtless, lucky me, and his arms were thrown above his head.