Chapter 5

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Claire~

The whole car ride to King's Cross was filled with screaming teenagers.

Percy fumed about how his Head Boy badge now said 'Bighead Boy'.
Fred, George, and Scarlett struggled to breath through all their laughter.
Ginny and Hermione squealed over who knows what.
And Harry and Ron talked about their new classes they'd be taking.

It was definitely a relief when we arrived.

Upon arriving on Platform 9 3/4, we all split up.

Percy and the twins immediately headed for the train after saying goodbye to their parents, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny soon following.

Harry, however, was pulled to the side by Arthur.

Curiously, I led Scarlett passed the two. Catching a small piece of their conversation.

"I'm not trying to be a hero, but seriously, Sirius Black can't be worse than Voldemort, can he?" Harry asked.

I scowled slightly. Of course Arthur would be telling Harry these sorts of things.

I know I shouldn't blame them. I'm the only one who truly believes Sirius is innocent.

"You okay, Mum?"
Scarlett's voice brought me back to reality.
"Erm, yeah. We should get going," I sighed.
"We?" Scarlett repeated.
"Right. I forgot to tell you," I laughed.
"Forgot to tell me what?" Scarlett questioned, her thin, dark brown eyebrows furrowing in confusion.
"That I am one of the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professors," I stated.
"What?! How did I not know this?! Why didn't you tell me?! Wait. One? There's another?" Scarlett exclaimed.
"Long story. Albus'll explain at the feast. As of right now, we better hurry. The train leaves in five minutes," I spoke, nudging her towards the train.

Scarlett nodded, hurrying off to find out where Fred and George went.

I walked down the isle of the train, passing Hermione and Ron, who seemed to be waiting on Harry.

Memories flooded my mind as I walked closer to the Marauders compartment. Hesitantly, I slid the compartment door open. Remus lay against the wall, the words 'Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs' carved into the wall next to him.

Assuming the full moon had either recently passed, or was coming up, I didn't bother him and sat next to him.

I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep until a cold breeze woke me.

I stirred slightly before opening my eyes. I couldn't see anything, but there were multiple people loudly whispering to each other.

"Who's that?"
"Who's that?"
"Ginny?"
"Hermione?"
"What are you doing?"
"I was looking for Ron-"
"Come in and sit down-"
"Not here! I'm here!"
"Ouch!"
"Quiet!" Said a hoarse voice suddenly.

I realized it was Remus and laughed, "Is Remus grumpy?"
"Claire?! When did you get here?!" Remus questioned.
"Around five minutes before the train left," I shrugged, though I doubted he saw me shrug through the darkness. Wait. Darkness?