Chapter 44

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

"That speech last night was....something," I sighed as I got comfortable next to Fred. We had just gotten onto the Hogwarts Express and found a compartment with George, Lee, Angelina, Alicia, and Katie.

"No kidding," Katie agreed. "The Hufflepuffs were so upset."

"And poor Harry looked exhausted," Lee spoke.

"Yeah he really hated the attention," I frowned. "This whole thing's got him so upset."

"I love how close you and Harry are," Fred mumbled, playing with my hair.

"Well yeah," I laughed lightly, "he's my brother."

"It's crazy how fast you guys adapted to that," George said.

"Yeah I guess." I shrugged. "But it always kind of felt that way. I remember watching him get sorted and feeling some sort of pride when he made Gryffindor. Not in a, 'that's The Boy Who Lived way.' Just a 'he's gonna go far.' "

"That's so sweet," Angelina grinned.

"Not as sweet as you and George," I teased, sending them a wink. They both blushed, immediately becoming flustered.

"Yeah but nobody's as sickeningly sweet as you and Fred," Katie groaned.

"But we take pride in that," Fred chuckled.

"Lee and I are so the cutest couple, though," Alicia scoffed.

"Please! That spot is permanently reserved for Ange and I!" George laughed dryly.

"As if!" I snorted. "Have you seen Fred and I?!"

"Uh, have you seen Alicia's arse? Ouch! I was only joking, Love!"

"Lee Jordan you can't just stare at my arse!" Alicia scolded.

"Wasn't the first time, won't be the last," Lee grinned cheekily.

"Feeling like a mega third wheel over here," Katie sighed loudly. "Or would it be seventh wheel?"

"You just haven't met the right guy yet, Katie," I insisted.

"Yeah," Lee agreed. "There's some bloke out there just waiting for you to fall into his arms."

Katie bit her lip in contemplation, looking down at her hands.

"Actually I—"

Suddenly there was yelling coming from outside the compartment. We all immediately stood up, racing to get outside. Fred, George, and I were the first out and the first to make it down the thin corridor where Malfoy and his goons were taunting Harry.

They're gonna get it.

"You've picked the losing side, Potter! I warned you! I told you you ought to choose your company more carefully, remember? When we met on the train, first day at Hogwarts? I told you not to hang around with riffraff like this!" Malfoy yelled, waving his arms around. "Too late now, Potter! They'll be the first to go, now the Dark Lord's back! Mudbloods and Muggle-lovers first! Well–second–Diggory was the f—"